denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sugar Cane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182>
Author
Message
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar
anonymous

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Yonder
Status: Offline
Points: 42086
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

CSF level stitching


Jesus! there's no need for that, he's done his best

Wink
I'll endorse anything for cash
Back to Top
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2018
Location: On the cludgie
Status: Offline
Points: 5247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

CSF level stitching


Jesus! there's no need for that, he's done his best

Wink



Definitely praise

It’s not easy to emulate something that is an emulation of an original
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Back to Top
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 671
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Lordjon Lordjon wrote:

Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

They look great. Did you use a template or simply chalk the design on first and then follow the lines?
I used a template based on the arches of a 1947 LVC.  I made it with a stitcher and a lot of patience, and then I removed the paper.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
 
 
Regards.


Those look great!

Did you make the template yourself? Can you post it?

I think i'm going to give it a try.

You didn't have to take the back pockets off and just used  a speedy stitch awl?

Thanks!


Back to Top
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar
anonymous

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Yonder
Status: Offline
Points: 42086
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 12:26am
I would assume if the temp is paper he would have torn it away once the stitch work is done.
If you get an image of the arcs you want re-size it to measure the same width as your pockets and print it off.. that's your paper template, or i might be missing something.

They'll look even better with some wear.

If anyone can perfect a service (incognito like) where either pockets of new jeans are unpicked, arc (machine) stiched and reattached or worn jeans done in situ a la Lordjon, folks would pay good money for it.
I'll endorse anything for cash
Back to Top
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:47am
Originally posted by LazyS LazyS wrote:

Originally posted by Lordjon Lordjon wrote:

Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

They look great. Did you use a template or simply chalk the design on first and then follow the lines?
I used a template based on the arches of a 1947 LVC.  I made it with a stitcher and a lot of patience, and then I removed the paper.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
 
 
Regards.


Those look great!

Did you make the template yourself? Can you post it?

I think i'm going to give it a try.

You didn't have to take the back pockets off and just used  a speedy stitch awl?

Thanks!
 
Sorry, when the template is removed, the paper breaks, so I don't have anything.
But it is easy to do, with an almost transparent paper, or not very thick, you can trace it on top of a pocket that has the arches that you want to recreate.
 
To make the holes at the same distance, I used a sewing machine over the arcs of the paper to punch it. I think the stitch length I chose was 3 (in millimeters), the same as the 1947 LVC.
 
I used a speedy awl and I didn't remove the back pockets, so in this way the work becomes more difficult.
Back to Top
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I would assume if the temp is paper he would have torn it away once the stitch work is done.
If you get an image of the arcs you want re-size it to measure the same width as your pockets and print it off.. that's your paper template, or i might be missing something.

They'll look even better with some wear.

If anyone can perfect a service (incognito like) where either pockets of new jeans are unpicked, arc (machine) stiched and reattached or worn jeans done in situ a la Lordjon, folks would pay good money for it.
You're right, the template is made of paper, so it only works for once.
 
As I said, I don't think I'll do it again, at least not now, not in the next few months, it's many hours, and nobody in their right mind would pay you all that effort for two arcs.
 
The best option is to remove the pockets and do it with a sewing machine, but that is for professionals and artists like Yoshiaki Konaka and some other...
 
Back to Top
CSL View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar
anonymous

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 15811
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 12:17pm
Lordjon, I'm wondering why you chose the speedy awl rather than conventional needle & thread? 
Back to Top
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Lordjon, I'm wondering why you chose the speedy awl rather than conventional needle & thread? 
 
I chose the Speedy Awl because you always sew in one direction, and the result is almost the same as with a sewing machine, however with a conventional needle you have to sew in front and behind, and when you do it behind the pocket the stitches are uneven.
Back to Top
CSL View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar
anonymous

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 15811
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:03pm
Thanks for explaining, Lordjon. I may have to buy one of those things...
Back to Top
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 671
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Lordjon Lordjon wrote:

 
To make the holes at the same distance, I used a sewing machine over the arcs of the paper to punch it. I think the stitch length I chose was 3 (in millimeters), the same as the 1947 LVC.
 
I used a speedy awl and I didn't remove the back pockets, so in this way the work becomes more difficult.


Thank you! This cleared up most of my questions. I guess the threads show on the inside by the sides of the pockets? still sounds easier than taking the back pockets off and getting them to match putting them back on.

They look really great. hopefully you won't have to stitch any more arcs for a couple of years!


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.