Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 82>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:58am
Broark- It seems like quite a loose weave so major shrinkage, wrinkling, twist ect but its also stretching back quite quickly, i'll sort some measurements and wot-not in the next day or two.

Originally posted by b_F b_F wrote:

I think it's interesting that more brands are now making "shoody sewn" jeans. RMC was quite early with it, CSF of course and also WH does it more and more. And not to forget this pair of SugarCane NEal just bought.

After years of creating the perfectly sewn jeans with meticulous needle-work, they now start to go in the other direction. Not all brands of course but some.

I'm hoping to get a 'brand influencer' dividend at the end of the year  Beer
I'll endorse anything for cash
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:07am
Great, that’s what I wanted to hear.
I might’ve tracked a pair of my own down, albeit in a 38. Lots of shrink is good news...

00 you should start reaching out to brands through Instagram for free shit.
#InfluencerStatus
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:53am
Nice looking new pair of jeans 00 and an excellent write up tooThumbs Up
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Here you go B-

Tagged 32, BiG style
Waist- 16.25"
F/R- 12.625"
B/R- 16.25"
Thigh- 12.5"
Knee- 9" (just over)
Hem- 9" (just under)

This is after a 40°C 'wash' cycle for 10mins + 10mins rinse, 30 seconds spin and line dry in the sunshine.
My tripod is at work so you'll have to wait till i either go in the car or go in the jeans, probably be the weekend.

Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:29pm
Thanks 00, going to compare these to the measurements they posted on their blog awhile back to see what shrinkage is like.
Concerned the 38 might be too big, but if I can get enough shrink they might work.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:44pm
I would recommend going with you're regular size in these, the waist feels a little snug but they've only been worn for around 6hrs, i'm pretty sure it's going to have stretched out after the weekend.

I'm liking the deep and roomy top block
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:47pm
I’m typically a 36 these days, 38 in CSF and Ooe.
Unfortunately they’re out of 36, hence the reason why I’m considering the 38...
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:56pm
If i was you i would go for a 36 for sure.

Overall the fit is very much like my size 34 CSF after a wash, only noticeable difference would be the SC have a fitted waist whereas the CSF have antifit, so a 38 in these would be like a 40 CSF.
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:58pm
Got it, I might have to reconsider then.
Or maybe you’re just throwing me off for exclusivities sake.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:22pm
Not at all, if you need a shove in the wrong direction i would say... Take a look at the recent swing towards the mid-late 40's in the workwear thread and the vast spectrum of varying fits, some folks are straining at their top button where some folks with a similar build have material to spare on the same cut of (recently new) jeans, i think sizing inconsistancies played a part even then but more so.. i don't think folks gave a shit how great they looked in their workwear, they certainly didn't stress over it like we do, it just hapened to look better on some folks than it did on others, much as it does today.
Nowadays we hear folks say 'that's a perfect '40's fit' (ive probably said it myself) but i'm pretty sure there was no such thing, If their jeans were too big they wore a belt, problem solved..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 82>
  Share Topic