denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 82>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 6:42pm
Double 0, those are fantastic. The patch I accidentally cooked when I first got them and then treated it with Mustang Paste. I'm afraid mine are too loose to ever have proper honeycombs. It's a bee's life for me!

Caiv, you can pop the Japanese listing into Buyee and buy through there.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:19am
Thanks gents

Originally posted by caivs caivs wrote:

Wow those are beautiful Double 0.  I have a question about Yahoo JP, I'm assuming you need to search using the Japanese names of the make/models correct?  And do you use a proxy service or do you deal with Yahoo jp directly?

Not necessarily, saved in 'drafts' i have a list of my common Yahoo searches along with their Japanese translation and their product code, i search using each individually via Jauce because i don't use Chrome and i like their English translation feature, find my item and just through pure laziness send the Yahoo link to SutoCorp along with my deposit payment and let them take care of the rest.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Iron Horse Iron Horse wrote:

I'm afraid mine are too loose to ever have proper honeycombs. It's a bee's life for me!

Never say never IH, this (stubborn as f**k) old Oki was at least a size too big and hung off me.

Apologies for the crappy indoor/flash photo's from the archives, taken long before i used to put as much effort into putting a decent post together.

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 19 Mar 2017 at 2:23am
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:35am
Double 0, those are really beautiful (though it looks like they were stepped on a bit! LOL). It just goes to show that even though SC denim is slow going, it always really pays off in the end. Clap
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:44am
Afraid so, chainstitch options were limited back then in the UK, so i lived with the long inseam, the sagging waist just compounded the problem.
Wearing them for work, turn-ups weren't an option because they get filled up with wood shavings.
caivs View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caivs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:37pm
Thanks for the info!  Mind sharing your search terms? Big smile
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:26pm
A brief history
Sugar Cane 501XX 46-51 cut reproductions, the early years..

1991 M41001

Pulled, not broken a la SC47

Oversize coin pocket

Pre 1997 M41001 the cloth patch model.
Not sure if you can make out the price? 19,800¥ (same price on the swing ticket on the previous^ pair)
I appreciate there was a difference in the value of the 90,s era yen but still, certainly not a cheap pair of jeans.

Having only ever owned vintage M41001,s I used to think that they shared the same pink line denim with the SC47,s

...but look at the nep

Pre-98 all button backs are stamped 'S'

The buttons now look more familiar

For comparison
SC 1947

That familiar Sugar Cane streakyness (vertical fading) we all know and love

So there you have it...

The cloth patch was added pre-97 before the M41001 was discontinued but In the mid 90,s there was a transition between the donut/outer stitch model and the cloth patch seen here bottom right

It was basically the outer stitch model with the Sugar Cane Toyo&Co *SPL* buttons, ive posted them here before if your interested..

fin

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 02 May 2017 at 2:16pm
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:36pm
didnt know you had all these mate , great collection

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:40pm
Thanks flash! i actually have more but you have seen most of them before.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 2:23pm
I love it 00, really great post and fantastic collection, I've looked up your other SC posts in the Archives thread (I think) quite a few times.
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 82>
  Share Topic