Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 82>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Going back to your question, are you referring to original Levi's cuts 47's and 55's, or Lvc?  I'm assuming the former, so I'll go with that.
So for me the first pair are a '46-'51 cut, despite the offset belt-loop.
So without further possible hair-splitting - a '47
The second pair look very similar in cut.  It's also interesting that Sugarcane went to great pains to pick up on all the details that the (then) typical vintage Levi's fan enjoyed, and over time trying to improve those details in a more accurate context within each model (remember the earlier 501Zxx SC model with the two-tone stitched back pocket arcs and Nos Gripper zipper?)  

So again, a 47 cut.

The last pair, the 37 cut are very impressive: The cut is bang on late 30's Levis, and is that another laurel leaf fly button? I can remember seeing a pair years ago that Larry (from Heller's Café) had, showing all the hallmarks of the pre-war Levi's jean but with a Lauel leaf button.  So again, Sugarcane were paying attention.  Lvc could've learned a lot from these guys.

Good stuff Clap

Thanks Charlie, as always your spot on!

This confirms my suspicions so im going to leave the op as is.
If only we could apply said knowledge to real world situations we would be rich...rich i tells ya!
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 4:52am
Fellas this is great! I love Sugar Cane, thanks for all the new info. I've never seen the 37 before, now I'm on the hunt
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 6:50am
Many thanks for the comments Duke & illumin8em, if they did include me. 
But Double 0 Soul is definitely the man of the hour.
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 8:08am
Dr Heech - my comment includes anyone who posts with knowledge, passion and with generosity . . . it obviously does refer to you - and to Mr Soul.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 8:10am
Many thanks Duke! Embarrassed

(apologies for the momentary lapse of confidence)

Edited by Dr_Heech - 03 Apr 2015 at 8:31am
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

The last pair, the 37 cut are very impressive: The cut is bang on late 30's Levis, and is that another laurel leaf fly button? I can remember seeing a pair years ago that Larry (from Heller's Café) had, showing all the hallmarks of the pre-war Levi's jean but with a Laurel leaf fly-button.  So again, Sugarcane were paying attention.  Lvc could've learned a lot from these guys.

The button fly of the 37 cut is a work of art.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 9:39am
I'm really enjoying the SC story 00, looking forward to the next instalments.

I've just returned from a trip to London Zoo with the family. We went inside an old Victorian-looking aviary building, which had some bird silhouette pictures on display - there was a Hawaiian Duck right next to an Okinawa Woodpecker. I wonder how many other people look at them and immediately think 'Sugar Cane'!?
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 9:55am
Very nice Neal, similar stella quality to my 1930 Lee 101 cowboy overalls.
Love the 'V stitch' - accurately realized and executed.

redragon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 4:17pm
Really enjoying the trip thourgh SC history there doubleOO.
Had no idea they started so early in the Japan jeans timeline, kudos to their dedication for keeping the repro line to the highest exacting standards.
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 10:29am
Indeed very enjoying and informatif to read this all. Makes me think what the hell am I doing, just consuming.
When and how did you first find out about sugar cane , Double O?
dislectic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 82>
  Share Topic