denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 82>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sugar Cane
    Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:21pm
Would love to get a Sugar Cane discussion going here.

Here are my Okinawa Rainbows which I, in a moment of blindness, attempted to sell. Thank goodness nobody bit because I would have had serious regret.

Python patch, different symbol than the standard Okinawas.

Green twill tape up the inseams. I've seen this on other Toyo clothes, but I know this isn't on Union Stars or on the Hawaiis.

Sashiko back pocket with the "Seven Treasures" pattern. This is the same green as on the Okinawa Canes, but in the bottom right corner instead of top right. Unlike the Hawaii's which has the Sashiko across the bottom of the pocket in yellow.

Pocket bags and lining are all made with this amazing double-print fabric. 

Laurel top button.

From my limited knowledge, these seem to be a real mash up of features associated with the Levi's eras. 1930s style anti fit with super high rise. Crotch rivet, Low slung cinch back, belt loops, but no suspender buttons. Hidden rivets on back pockets.

The fabric is very different from the standard Okinawas. Right hand twill. Lots of vertical texture. Lighter than the standard Okis too.

Raw (not one-wash):

After first soak:

These jeans started out almost black but have evolved into a whole range of different blues. Rainbow colors just starting to appear in the warp yarns.

Bill at Craft (RIP) told me these were a mix of natural and synthetic indigo. Any confirmation on this?

drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:32pm

Also, I wonder if anyone out there knows enough Japanese to do a rudimentary translation of this for me?
WTB MF XL XXL 36 38 ripped torn worn stained altered or otherwise
bandit View Drop Down

callously undone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:33pm
Nice stuff Drew!!!
www.corypiehowicz.com
erk View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote erk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 7:16am

sugarcane 1947 - worn intermittently for 2.5 years or so. These were my favorite fit until I discovered the 1955 501. Still awesome though. I love the fabric. And its hard to beat the look of the all cotton stitching.

I normally do all my photos outside but its been so crappy out and I've been so busy I just decided to go ahead and do it while I had some time. I'll have to post some better pictures after the next wash.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 8:26am
Good stuff Erk - love those early SC47's of yours.
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 9:01am
Just got my 1947's hemmed by Self Edge...will have to post some pics of them. 
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 10:09am
very nice erk. indoor pictures still look great. love the slightly fuller cut on the SC repro.
faithless, the wonderboy
drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:32am
Originally posted by erk erk wrote:

I feel like this is probably the perfect expression of the back pocket fade. 

1. Shows internal structure of the pocket / how the fabric was folded. 
2. Dark halo of unworn fabric around the pocket.
3. Stitching causing roping on pocket and on pant fabric.
4. Hip whisker crossing over onto pocket fabric.
5. Busted arcs.
6. Rivet dots.
WTB MF XL XXL 36 38 ripped torn worn stained altered or otherwise
Cinch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:44pm
Does Sugar Cane make any models with a long inseam (36")?
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:33am
I think my 47's had at least a 36" inseam before hemming. 
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 82>
  Share Topic