denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 82>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:57am
Still on the old cross-dressing theme then?
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm
Some more MP-619 goodness

I'll endorse anything for cash
julian-wolf View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 4:25pm
Great photos! Glad to see some more of what I have to look forward to. Feeling the fabric now, it's hard to believe that it could end up with as much graininess as the pair on top, but the aging looks really nice.

Follow the last couple of pages here has made for a nice supplement to (or abridged version of?) the Lee thread. I'll add myself to the list of folks who've mostly paid attention too Levi's in the past, so switching up the general topic of research for a bit is a nice added bonus in all this.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:28pm
We don't mind the denim talk flying off at a tangent over here, we don't get much choice...

From my experience of wearing many different pairs of the exact same denim (+arc SC-47's) over the years, a different environment will result in differing textures, ie- i wore one example for close to a decade, granted only for a few hrs/day at home in the evenings with only the occasional soak/cold scrub in the bath tub, never washed, folks used to be into that biz, me included Embarrassed they had a very stiff, greasy surface feel especially when it was cold (you could pinch the denim between your finger tips and it would, for a period retain the fold LOL) which acted almost like a wax coating and the denim looks quite flat as a result, whereas SC-47's ive worn for work have much more surface texture where the dry dusty environment coupled with abrasion/contact rub has caused broken fibres in the weft which reveals more of the warp, it stands to reason when you think about it.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 2:17am
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 2:52am
They shrink from tag so they'll be perfect for a size 33 (Julian)

There's a lad on sufu who's ordered a size 30" in the M41030 keeping his fingers crossed that they'll fit, i don't think he knows that you need to buy 1 size up in the STF... he might be alright though with a loose 30's cut if he sucks it in.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:22am
Ooooh boy. $220's steep for me (original MSRP would've been ¥19800?) but I've already sent the seller a message to see if we can maybe work something out…

Finding my last three pairs of old Cane's for sub-$100 has spoiled me
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 11:36am
Yes you're right (my mind doesn't auto-convert to/from USD) that's far too expensive for that pair!
I would happily pay full JP retail (¥19800) but i would insist upon stickers and swing tickets still being attached, y'know collectors items.

Double check the sizing with the seller but everything that carries the S-T-F sticker shrinks from tag, for example here are my tagged 33 raw M41001 Laurels measuring 16.5" across.

You would never shoehorn your ass into these after a wash.

For compassison, my other size 32" raw M41001 measuring 16" across the waistband.
They've been in ziplocked bags for so long i can't stretch out the crease without it instantly springing back but you get the picture.

The cloth patch model being 1997

...and a raw tagged 32 SC-47 measuring the same (16.5") as the previously mentioned 33" M41001

...and a tagged 32 M41030 at max stretch measuring 16" across

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 8:35am
Are you intending to wear any of those raw pairs of M41001 Neal or are you just keeping them for collector's/posterity purposes?
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 8:42am
Great series of photos + knowledge. Will definitely be tucking that away for later reference.

Also interested in whether / when you plan to wear the above?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 82>
  Share Topic