Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's next?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:34am

They remind me of Cluedo pieces

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by HP Sauce HP Sauce wrote:

Lucky you, denimsince65. I would love nothing more than to gawp closely at the ingenious stuff that gets stitched up for those shows.

This morning, one of our news networks showed shots from the Moncler 2018 RTW catwalk, ridiculing what they saw. The thing is, I would kill to have a little more feminity in the cold winters we face in Canada. This stuff may look bonkers, but I am kind of tempted/inspired to try stitching up a nice long skirt in puffer material...

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/shows-reviews/gallery/moncler-genius-collection-rtw-fall-1202576750/#!1/moncler-genius-collection-rtw-fall-2018

I think it may be like the Auto Business. They show fairly exaggerated "design studies" of future cars at Trade Shows - gauge the opinion of the public - and then create watered down designs for actual production.

So maybe (hopefully) some of the aspects you like will make it into real garments. Fingers crossed!
www.wabashtees.com
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by eastwest eastwest wrote:

Levi Strauss were probably laughed off the cobbled runway in the mid 1800’s.

www.wabashtees.com
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 2:04am
A jazzy new 'Industrial Style' Cryo-therapy clinic has opened across the road from my work called Cryo-1 (like the prison from Demolition Man) its £45/session!...
it was -3 when i rode to work this morning so f**k you hipsters, i'm getting it for nowt Big smile
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:51am
Ive just been reading some biz from NY Fashion week, looks like things have finally gone full circle regarding actual workwear, as opposed to this romanticised poser-workwear we're all quite fond of.

Nylon work trousers, reflective/high-vis utility jackets ect from Junya Watanabe and even actual workwear brands like CAT making it into the John Elliott collection, some of the 'high-end' garb is splattered with paint for that 'authentic feel'

The Amey highway maintenance dude's digging up the street outside my work look fly as fuck, and remember that Barbour/DeWalt quilted jacket which i posted a few years ago which we all laughed at... well that's super-fly! Makes me wish i hadn't chucked it in the bin.

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:02am
Watanabe is late to the party - Barnstormers (FW) have already been trying to get rid of this for a couple of years

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
Wow, that is tragic!

Will the folks who compile the Arco catalogue be considered trend forcasters?
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:14am
I work construction and am required to wear high vis PPE.
I would never buy some high end/fashion brands take on high vis.
Not only would it not be compliant with the regulations but man is it hideous.

bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:42am
well...
from a while back...
drifting through libertys to check their meagre kapital offerings and such
checked out the balenciaga also: a bit o' high vis for you there...

but more criminal was logo-ised charity shop standard type 3 for close on a grand...

c'est la vie...
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:49am
but... the whole flat lay transformed to high stacks reminded me to look through the ol' fantastic man magazine archive
am particularly fond of their aw 2010 issue
including a hard hat covered in luxury leather...
high vis boiler suits and suits...
preceded by a shoot of full denim (with some nice 20s/30s oshkosh next to a fairly decent showing by yamamoto)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263>
  Share Topic