denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bandanas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:09am
I was looking for one thing, and found 2 bandanas stashed in some pottery.
LVC 2103-14ish?

lvcB by bottleswest, on Flickr

this was a short lived partnership, Anyone remember Conehead?
He was shot out of a cannon when he arrived at the forum.

CH1 by bottleswest, on Flickr

ch2 by bottleswest, on Flickr

Trade mark on the back- I recon.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:29am
I won that LVC one in a contest here. Think it was for captioning a photo. It continues to sit on my piano.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:35am
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

I won that LVC one in a contest here. Think it was for captioning a photo. It continues to sit on my piano.

Ah- cool, we have the original, but i never like to compare the craftsmanship of something made in the 1860's-70's VS the repro.

But the repro by itself is nice

One of the things i always got a kick out of... Lvc has over 10,000 items to choose from
out of the archive's...They remade 6 or 7 items from our collection

I hear they don't allow that anymore.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 2:01am
Ah, right. I forgot that you were the source for that bandana, Mike. An amazing thing to own!
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm
I got that LVC one for crazy cheap a few years back, and it continues to be one of the favorites of my collection. I didn't know you had the original Mike, what a find!

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by likeacannon likeacannon wrote:

I got that LVC one for crazy cheap a few years back, and it continues to be one of the favorites of my collection. I didn't know you had the original Mike, what a find!

I think it was in 2012- we were on a trip with friends, My father-in-law and I were digging one of our best spots
A month before our trip with friends- Nonriveted and Bandit took off on the motorcycles and rode over to our
Diggings from the month before. My hole have given way, the bandana was exposed, Bandit walked over and plucked it
Out of the ground....Since it was my hole that I had been working- I retained the bandana 🙂

Truth be told- Bandit officially found it.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 1:48pm
Amazing!!!
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 7:57pm
I thought I remembered LVC calling it the Bandit Bandana, but I could be wrong. Either way, sounds like Gimli and Legolas debating about who deserves credit for the kill!
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Iron Horse Iron Horse wrote:

I thought I remembered LVC calling it the Bandit Bandana, but I could be wrong. Either way, sounds like Gimli and Legolas debating about who deserves credit for the kill!

All I can say- there is a reason for that disclaimer.

Bandits the one with the killer collection, puts my little 2
Turkey reds to shame, maybe we can get him to post a few?

Did you happen to see the deadstock version of the cherry and pear bandana on Instagram?
I forget who has it.

Edited by Sansome - 28 Apr 2020 at 12:51am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:47am
original and repro

trb6 by bottleswest, on Flickr

trb2 by bottleswest, on Flickr

trb3 by bottleswest, on Flickr

trb by bottleswest, on Flickr

trb4 by bottleswest, on Flickr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic