denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing jeans sizing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 4:06am
yeah, they look pretty but the fit is a bit adventurous for me. I'd get a pair at €50 though!
Demonito View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demonito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 9:59pm
Ok if in getting a ww2 what size should i look for? I wear a 34 on mr freedoms
maxamillionmose View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxamillionmose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 9:57am
^ what sort of fit are you looking for in the 1944 501s? 

and are you a true 34? what does your waist measure where a pair of high rise 501s would sit? (the 1944 501 has a pretty high rise relative to the model years following it) And do you plan to wear them raw or shrink them from the get go?

In my experience with mf jeans, most will end up right about at tagged size after shrinking, but because of the wide variety of deadstock denim used, some different lots of any respective jean will shrink more or less than even anticipated from design.  So, depending on what you have, that's not too specific of a sizing reference for me to confidently give you an accurate enough recommendation.

my waist measures at 31" where the 1944 501 sits. I have had two pairs. I had a pair of size 34 from a 2011 production run, that after aggressive shrinking, I was still swimming in,  and then I got myself a pair of size 30, from a 2012 (i think) production run that I gave an initial warm soak get some shrinkage, and they fit nicely... waist right at a perfect relaxed fit (could have been tighter) roomy up top but no so roomy that they looked bad.  They kind of have a loose sort of 'cowboy' silhouette on me comparable to mf buckaroos that are one size or more oversized and wouldn't shrink.

Having said that, I recommend sizing down a size one to two sizes depending on how you want them to fit.

everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
Demonito View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demonito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 4:32pm
Yo im wearing a size 33 on the fullcount 1922, size 34 on the samurai s510xx
And a size 34 on warehouse . I want a fitted top block bit with a straight leg silhoutte and yes will wear them raw.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 8:28am
Anyone have any recent sizing experiences with the 1966s?
Helixing my inner beanie
mybadgenes View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybadgenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:33am
Do these measurements for LVC 1890 seem accurate on the Unionmade site? 

I need waist 36 so was planning to buy tag size 36. However, after looking at this zi am thinking I should buy tag size 34?

I am also writing to Unionmade. Not a lot of site have measurements for 1890.

mybadgenes View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybadgenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:35am
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:40am
They should shrink down to 36 in the first couple of washes/soaks. However, I don't know how consistent that shrinkage is. Also the fabric has been changing in recent models and they might have different shrinking characteristics. Always a gamble with LVC shrink to fits...   
Too much Denim - too little time...
Rhodes View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:34am
I am sorry to revive this thread but I have a question.
I have a possibility of buying a 501 Levis Vintage Clothing 1915 or a 1917. Both are 34W.
I am a 33/34 guy, my 33W normal levis 501 are tight, I am possibly now a 34, but my 34 501 is a bit large (possibly do to the model or cut).
Do to the shrink to fit, I think that the W34 is right, but one post here says that the 1015 model is 4'' large then tag.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:04am
My 1915s (from 2009 I think) were 4” larger than tagged. They were a size 30 and measured 34” raw. This may be an anomaly but I’d try to get the measurements before buying. Most of my other LVC models are size 32 and measure 34” raw, ie 2” over tagged size.
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic