denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How it's worn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 794795796797798 1145>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:57am
^
Wow, CSL, the design details on that jacket really impress.  Perfect stripe alignment, accented by those artful skews.  Nice.

Did I read this correctly, you made that cap yourself?  If so, did you work from a readymade pattern or draft your own?  Either way, you have my respect.

My eyes are always drawn to your well-tended footwear.  Wish I could see more of those vintage boots.  But perhaps you have already showcased them in another post?

To all who preceded you on this page, a big thumbs-up.  Dude, with that steadfast pose of yours, I can't help but picture you on the prow of a ship, nose and boots pointed into the salty breeze.  Very noble.
HP Sauce
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:59am
CSL- I've always liked that RS jacket- seen it around at displays and shows for a while, always was tempted to ask about it...
A_See View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote A_See Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:05pm

Freewheelers
Persol
Hollows
Attractions
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:05pm

Edited by hollows - 20 May 2017 at 12:24pm
I make things out of leather.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:09pm
That jacket is incredible, CSL. 
Hollows - I can't stand overalls, but you really pull them off. Very nice.
RJB
RJB
Role Club
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:22am
Looking good there, Dude. I've never seen RJB in person. I get a newsletter from a site that sells their pieces. Looks like some nice stuff.

dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:25am
Thanks! It's not a big brand on this forum, but they have the most incredible fabrics in terms of more detailed patterns and designs that I have come across. If you ever get a chance to handle them in person, definitely take advantage of it. They tend to be complex enough that I prefer them on their own rather than with jackets.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by HP Sauce HP Sauce wrote:

Did I read this correctly, you made that cap yourself?  If so, did you work from a readymade pattern or draft your own?  Either way, you have my respect.

HP, I did make the cap myself back around when I was 17 if I'm remembering correctly. I just winged it on Mum's sewing machine...Put a tape measure around my head, cut up an old pair of Wranglers that had become too small & used the lid of an ice cream tub for the brim stiffener. i.e. constructed with the highest level of craftsmanship & no expense spared lol.
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:07am
CSL,

Wow.  Serious kudos for making something that has survived so long and looks so good.

Back in the day, I can honestly say I knew of no seventeen year-old guy who would have even dreamed of tearing himself away from puzzling over the broken down transmission to do something like that. 

Pity, that.  As just about everybody on this list knows, sewing favours a mind that understands how things are put together and taken apart.  The fearless ones, like Untucked and seventeen year-old you, show us all where the creative edge is.

HP Sauce
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:19am

The Rite Stuff
Ace Western Belts
TCB
Chippewa
The Superior Labor bag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 794795796797798 1145>
  Share Topic