denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:53am
Yeah, I have a close friend and my girlfriend I can lean on.  Both of them are dealing with their own family members who are mentally ill, so they've got a clue what I'm dealing with.  My girlfriend's sister has been admitted (voluntarily and involuntarily) to the local mental hospital 7 or 8 times over the past year, but can't be held there since she's not a threat to herself or anyone else.  So she continues to hear voice, think someone has bugged her house, and that she recently completed training in Georgia to become an FBI agent..... 

Pretty disappointed with my father's Dr, but I think over the course of his illness my dad has chosen Dr's that will just fill his prescription and send him on his way. So, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at his lack of helpfulness.  I was hoping for "You should approach him this way" or "you and your mother should come to his next appointment", but I guess I was expecting too much.

Dad is closest to his older brother, and they talk daily. I've spoken to my uncle, but he either doesn't realize how sick dad is, or doesn't feel he can do anything. My mother has buried her head in the sand and said "I get enough stress at work, your father and I aren't long for the world, don't create any more stress by fighting with your dad".  Fuck, you're both in your late 60s.  There's the potential for another 10 to 20 years of illness and stress!       
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 7:00am
Sounds like the uncle would be the best route in. I can't directly relate, but I imagine it's EXTREMELY stressful and draining and i'm sure i'll have to go through it at some point (parents are both in their early 80's but still V healthy).

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:40am
Bob- having my two grandmothers pass away in the last three years, I know what your going through and I'm sorry for your loss. Setterman - nonriveted and I have had to deal with severe mental illness in the family for the last 25 years.... Buddy I feel your pain!
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 8:52am
Alot of folks may have heard of the shootings in Seattle originating at the Cafe Racer last week.  I only just found out that the first to go were some people I knew.  Drew Keriakedes, and Joe Albanese (Schmootzi the Clod guitar, and vocals, and Meshuganeh Joe bass).  They were musicians currently in the band God's Favorite Beefcake.  Those following the old ROYxCone contest may remember my pictures from the Orkestar Zirconium show at Cafe Racer for Drews' birthday (where they played out into the street)  GFB opened that night, and also played with members of OZ in a fantastic bizarre, vaudeville circus called Circus Contraption.  I've seen them all numerous times, and had talked with them a few times.  With respect to the victims whom I didn't know as well, here's a little bit of Drew and Joe.

Edited by Joseph Hill - 08 Jun 2012 at 9:00am
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 8:24am

joseph hill, im sorry to hear about your loss. they be making good music where they are now.

Edited by Nonriveted - 13 Jun 2012 at 6:23pm
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:06pm
Thanks Ran, It's not like we were best of friends, it was just one of those 'close to home' things.

Edited by Nonriveted - 13 Jun 2012 at 6:26pm
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:15pm
While not anywhere close to the above issues, I've just spilt a tin of Barbour proofing wax all over my ( current) favourite jeans.

Edited by Mr Black - 30 Sep 2012 at 1:11pm
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:43pm
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to get another tin!
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 1:01pm
Why you little.....
zero View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Joseph Hill Joseph Hill wrote:

Thanks Ran, It's not like we were best of friends, it was just one of those 'close to home' things.

i remember reading about that.  Its crazy, because I grew up in Seattle, and that kind of shit never happened.  Live in Oakland now, and pretty much every other day some unlucky person gets killed.  Its messed up. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 79>
  Share Topic