Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 79>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:20am

Originally posted by killer b killer b wrote:

My grandad was an amateur (but very skilled - we all have bits of furniture he made and will for decades to come) carpenter, and he had a similar injury - didn't seem to stop him living a full and rich life, or to get on with his many hobbies requiring digital dexterity (he was also a very accomplished musician). 

They just were in them days, my grandad was a painter and decorator but still managed to make (amongst other things) a wonderful 3/4size mahogany sprung bed which we still have today, not only how did he make this but where... they lived in a terrace house... just whipped it up at the end of the gennel with a spoke shave i suppose?
Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

You'll be back in no time, sticking 2 fingers up at the world!!!

(Too soon?)

Its never 'too soon' Martin, i weighed myself on the bathroom scales at my folks house on Sunday, i was defo lighter than i was this time last week.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it is all very much appreciated.

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by HP Sauce HP Sauce wrote:

Man, I'm feeling that white and sweaty with you 00, and it's not even a hot flash.

I haven't seen 'hot flash' for a while, think he's gone back to the future...

apap View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote apap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm
Double O.  Wishing you a good recovery with the shortened digit.  I'm sure it will be some time before it begins to feel right.  After sticking a finger in a table saw, it took close to a year before it stopped feeling fuzzy and sensitive every time I used it.  And yours sounds quite a bit worse.  Best to you.  
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:24pm
Double 0. I'm very sorry to hear of your accident. I wish you the best of recoveries, my friend.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:20am
^^Indeed, my surgeon has said thet the sensitivity might never go away and that i will always feel the cold in that finger.
ongaku View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ongaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:56pm
Oh man Double OO... terrible what happened, hopefully you'll get the image of that mangled finger out of your head and recover quickly!

if you want me to lengthen that finger on your HIW pics, let me know, I'll be happy to oblige Wink

Edited by ongaku - 09 Oct 2018 at 11:31pm
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 2:04am
Lets not be too hasty old chum it could spark a new trend, this time next year we might all have one, poor Dude will have no fingers left LOL

Oh crap, goodbye rep, it was nice having you back...
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 2:18am
Looks like my post didn’t go through; anyway, terrible occurrence but now you join the likes of Django Reinhardt, Lee Van Cleef and Tony Iommi.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:22am
Through the duration of my finger-physio ive noticed how racist all the 'skin toned' plasters are...

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:30am
"The Man" never sleeps...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 79>
  Share Topic