denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good News Good News Good News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 88>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Inimitable N! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Bob Dale Bob Dale wrote:

My second son , Chet Rockwell, could be born any day now.

are you sure you don't want to go "all the way" and name him Chest Rockwell (aka Prince Paul from Handsome Boy Modeling School or John C Reiley's character from "Boogie Nights")???

regardless, congratulations daddy-o!!
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:06pm
A rain storm just blew through & reduced the temperature by 30 degrees which means I can now wear this T-shirt that Mr. Randal was kind enough to send me.

Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:53am
I've sat opposite my boss for over 6 years. Throughout that time there's been some good natured teasing of my interest in Japanese denim, vintage clothes, how much i'm prepared to pay for a pair of jeans, getting stuff shipped over etc etc. I've never retaliated and have always taken it on the chin with a grin. He's always dressed very averagely. Man at 'next' (a UK high street store). But slowly but surely I can see his dress sense changing. Sneaking in a small turn up from time to time, wearing better fitting jeans.

His conversation this morning started with - 'You dont wear 501's do you. Why not?' which led me to explain the differences in the 501 over the years and the demise of quality of LVC and levis in general. Followed by him asking where i'd suggest he look for a pair of jeans (i've set him down the Edwin Nashville/ED47 route to start off with).

He's also taken a particular interest in my 70's cons, in comparison to other colleagues standard ones.

It may not seem like much, but it feels like a small victory Clap

Edited by Mr Black - 05 Oct 2017 at 7:46am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
volvo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote volvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:08am
 you've
 spreader the good gospel of Japanese denim, that's a win in my books!
badseed View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote badseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:28pm
good news

Blade Runner 2049 is rad as phck
And the senses being dulled are mine
Mainwaring View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mainwaring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
Minus Batty Blade Runner is batty.

Pre-56 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pre-56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:09am
Originally posted by badseed badseed wrote:

good news

Blade Runner 2049 is rad as phck

Blade Runner 2049 was a real treat! Didn't know they could still make good Sci-Fi and even less show it on the big screen!
crispycornflak3s View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote crispycornflak3s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 4:34am
Between the month of April till now, I've went from 84kg to 75kg. All this weight loss motivation and a change on my diet was after meeting my SO. Changed my way of life completely.
But the only thing that seems like a bad news, more or less out of this good news, is that all my jeans are too big on me now! Really bummed that my 1915 501's are huge on me that i can just pull my pants with all the buttons on without a problem LOL

Going from a size 34-35 to a size 32 feels good though !
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:46pm
Ive just had to broogle 'SO'
Embarrassed
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 2:03pm
Me too, but I still don't know what it means!
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 88>
  Share Topic