denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SouthOfHell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:26am
I picked up this pair of Wranglers this week and I am having trouble dating them and ID'ing the model number.  They are pretty rough but the button fly is great and I love the look. Any information regarding when they were made, what the model is and what the value might be, would be awesome! Thanks guys! I am new here and I look forward to being a part of the community. I put the pictures on imagur: http://imgur.com/a/Uj8mC if you need to see them here, let me know and I will try to figure it out! Thank you again...
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:00pm
^Late 1940s/ early 1950s.

The label says 'Bluebell's Wrangler' (rather than just Wrangler) and the way the 'W' is written in the rope writing of the word is very early.
Just looking at the back shot of the pocket it says 1950's to me.
If they're a 'golden size' then worth a fair bit l'll wager.

Good score.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 15 Oct 2017 at 12:30pm
SouthOfHell View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthOfHell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:16pm
Thanks! Does the button fly make them rarer? 

They are pretty rough, there is a loose seam on the rear rise and they were hemmed up at some point in their life.  They measure about 18.5" straight across the back of the waist laid flat and the inseam measures about 28.5". not the greatest size but it could be worse! 
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
I think it does.
The condition is good for the age (when value comes to mind). The size is ok, although a little short for some.
Reckon a collector may buy them, or someone who is roughly a 36 x 29. Got to be worth a few hundred bucks?
attackwithstones View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote attackwithstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
I'd be into those. I'd have to belt them a bit, but that's my exact length!
Sell me your Mister Freedom stuff. :)
SouthOfHell View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SouthOfHell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:38pm
Update! My buddy came through: Super rare 1952 W0111-89 is what I am told.  
gcdrygoodsco View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote gcdrygoodsco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 6:49am
Wrangler will be opening a store for the holidays in Greensboro, NC beginning November 30.  It will have their premium Cone White Oak cowboy cut jeans model called the 27406, sewn in Greensboro using denim from Greensboro, available for sale, as well as a variety of other new items, and hand-picked Wrangler vintage items for sale from a "Found Collection."  The store will be open in downtown Greensboro from November 30 to January 31.  This may be the first and only time that Cone denim jeans will be produced by Wrangler in Greensboro, so for those Wrangler afficionados this may be a good opportunity to come and visit the denim capital of the world before Cone is no longer producing here.  

Thought I would throw this out there, but also equally important to mention the store will have complementary Union Special chainstitch hemming (using a Wrangler USMC 63900)  for denim pants purchased in-store, and will also offer this service throughout the store's regular hours of operation.  

If you're interested in learning more about Wrangler premium selvage, check out their website here, and if you'd like to ascertain about securing a pair, PM me.

Sincerely,
Evan
fender View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 1:32pm
A shame so many pics have disappeared from these threads.

Here's my unwashed (and staying that way)11MJ

and my late model zipper

shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:11am
Who is currently making good Wrangler repros? I’ve heard Real McCpys makes some
Also they have Wrangler Japan?
Blackadder View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blackadder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:43am
Wrangler Japan are made by Edwin besides those made by Real McCoy's.  There is a Wrangler Archives line same as Lee.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic