denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:43am
They look like a modern repro to me but l'm sure others with more knowledge here can chip in (?)

Sympathy-4-The-Denim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:31am
i have a pair of them too, and also the nice pleated, blanket lined jacket that was part of the collection.
their also was slim pair, the 13mwz i remember
can´t tell exactly, but it must have been in the mid to late 00s when they hit the market.
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:46am
Pretty sure they’re repros
Hecdog View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hecdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:49am
Thanks guys. So what is a repro? And as Sympathy mentioned, are they from the 1960’s? Thanks. I know nothing about the history of wranglers and google isn’t fruitful.
Hecdog View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hecdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:26am
Sorry. Bad eyes misread the post as saying 60’s. When it said 00’s.

So these are from the early 2000s, reproductions of old blue bells, right? Kinda like the LVC line?
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:50am
Yea correct. Reproduction of old jeans. Not actual vintage
Hecdog View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hecdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:59am
Thank you. May I ask how you can tell?
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:43pm
The originals did not have that yellow wash instruction tag inside with Size markings and possibly Made in USA/Romania/Turkey written in it. 
Too much Denim - too little time...
Bennettmojo View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennettmojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:26am
Hi there,
    I’m trying to ID a pair I just picked up. I’m guessing repros just because of the good condition. Any informative paper tags have been removed. They have a straight blue bell on the back pocket tag and a crooked blue bell on the tag, backside of fly. From the fit I’d guess 11MWZ, as it has a zipper but a looser fit than any 13MWZ’s I’ve worn. Looks to be LHT and the selvedge line is orange and green. Not a mixture but two lines. Pardon my ignorance and thanks for any help!

PS-asked the seller, no help.
Tomson View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tomson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 12:52pm
more likely repro
I don't know if Wrangler selvedge jeans  exist 
This is a 11mwz original from 70s (but not a Blue Bell)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic