denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PROJECT f/s phys-ed like prints on found t-shirts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PROJECT f/s phys-ed like prints on found t-shirts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROJECT f/s phys-ed like prints on found t-shirts
    Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:26pm
I recently was talking with fellow avid thrifter/junker/vintage afficianado El_Gato_Scott about vintage t-shirts. You know the kind that you wore in boy scouts or during Phys Ed? Those great t-shirts that were designed and manufactured to be disposable, but are anything but.

Because they were thought of as disposable often what turns up is either in shoddy shape, or far outside my reach (upwards of 200$ on certain pieces).

Knowing my ability to find blanks, and Scott's as well I'd like to source between 15 and 30 vintage t-shirt blanks. Obviously Made in USA, 100 cotton, and so on.  I am still looking at graphics. But once I've found the blanks I plan to invent a fictional town, or a fictional team of some kind and utilize some vintage logos/typography to create the shirts.  

I am not looking to make any real sort of profit for Scott and I, but obviously we'll be sourcing the t-shirts and designing them, etc.  At this point I am thinking 20-35$ tops, but obviously if it is possible to produce them for less I will.

Here is an  example from a shirt I've been lusting over on Ebay:

Obviously this is still up in the air, and none of it is 100% as we still have to source the tees.

Just looking for a show of hands of those who might be interested should we be able to go forward with it.

Edited by Bob Dale - 14 Feb 2012 at 9:52am
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:33pm
Me.
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 7:50am
I'll take one of each please! Can't have too many t-shirts....
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 8:01am
I'm interested BobDale!
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:29am
in theory yeah. in practice, i'd have to like the design... great idea though: i met a guy from a manchester collective last year who buy vintage t-shirts and do crazy art screen prints on them, they looked awesome.

this might interest some of you: a huge archive of mainly 70s & 80s aftrican activist t-shirts i found a week or so ago. would really like to repro some of these designs...

http://africanactivist.msu.edu/browse_results.php?category=media&member=T-shirt

Edited by killer b - 03 Feb 2012 at 11:30am
cash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:58am
Put me in the "in theory" box.
erk View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 1:37pm
i'm game
dkatz View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 2:29pm
I'm with killer b and cash

It would be fun to do a series: camp, team and cause, all somehow pertaining to our little corner of the internet and esoterica.

Edited by dkatz - 03 Feb 2012 at 2:30pm
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:34pm
I don't want to look too camp though, they won't be pink or anything will they?
rnrswitch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnrswitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 6:52pm
The Jersey City Salamanders
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic