denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
Author
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 3:30am
Thanks for clarifying, Gents. In any case, I've just ordered Discovering Scarfolk. 
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 3:46am
just finished , Empire of Cotton by Sven Becket. It's about the history of cotton. How it made industrialization and capitalism. It is a pretty harsh reality. The "why" thread came to my mind a lot reading this book
dislectic
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 3:53am
The Scarfolk book is excellent, as is the blog from which it emerged.
Their recent BBC Sound effects post was especially chuckle-some, particularly the 'brittish tutting'LP:
 http://scarfolk.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/bbc-sound-effects-records-early-1970s.html
hochelaga View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hochelaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:30pm
Walden by Henry David Thoreau
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:43am
Went on a recent middle east conflict binge:

Wrong Enemy 
Black Flags 
The Black Banners (The best of the bunch in my opinion.  Written by Ali Soufan who was a former special agent for the FBI)
Terror Years
No Good Men Among the Living
War (book written by Sebastian Junger the journalist who captured a majority of the footage that went into the making of Restrepo)

Also recently recently finished Alexander Mcqueen:  Blood Beneath the Skin which was a well done biography.

akuma no uta View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akuma no uta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:56pm
Vakandibok by Paul Waggener
MyrkPursablot by Nidafjoll
Thursakyngi II: Loki by Ekortu

Going deep with the Anti Cosmic Norse paganism this year.
Wtb: Ixaxaar books
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:17pm
I used to be quite into Norse Magic, Rune Lore & all that.

May I ask what is the Anti Cosmic element?
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:29pm
Hello, I agree with you about Soufan.  He is a man of principle and worth listening to. 

If you haven't already done so and are up for another book on the same subject matter, I would recommend "ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror" by Michael Weiss and Hassan Hassan.
HP Sauce
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 5:23pm
How Will Capitalism End? by Wolfgang Streeck
I make things out of leather.
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 5:59pm
Thanks, HP Sauce.  Currently own that one and it's in the queue.  Plan on starting it after I read 'At the Center of the Storm' which is George Tenet's book.  I figured after reading Soufan's version of things and how he is quite critical of Tenet and the CIA I should probably see what his perspective on at least some of the same events is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
  Share Topic