denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 385386387388389 475>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 10:09am
Looking forward to seeing pics of your '76 model 501XX E.P!

What's the waist and inseam measurements raw, compared to actual tagged size?
ExtraPeople View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote ExtraPeople Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Looking forward to seeing pics of your '76 model 501XX E.P!

What's the waist and inseam measurements raw, compared to actual tagged size?

So I didn't take raw measurements :/ They fit pretty true to size and are on par with other 501 historic models from the past 2-3 years (as long as I've been wearing them). I buy the 47, 54, and 66 all in size 32. These were slightly tight after getting wet but they stretched just fine. Super hairy and very cool denim. Currently the waist is 16 inches flat and the inseam 32.25 (I cold washed them on gentle with no spin. In my experience this gets all the shrink out). I've only been wearing them a couple of hours since they dried. 

So here are some post-soak photos. What do you think? Too short? I know it's really pushing it, but part of me thinks I can pull it off. If enough of you guys tell me it looks bad then one of you had better buy them off me!

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:05am
They look great and the fit/length works on you imo, as long as there's no more shrinkage
Sympathy-4-The-Denim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:15am
I am with the Doctor. They do look quite authentic, even more the bigger back pockets.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExtraPeople Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:19am
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm really digging them. It's nice to not have to always cuff my jeans to get the right length. The slight taper helps. This denim is amazing as well, as far as the different Cone offerings go.

Regarding shrinkage, I'm sure the agitated wash got it all out. They shrunk up really snug.
crispycornflak3s View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycornflak3s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:47pm
Really love the fit! I can't wait to get my hands on those jeans!
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:02pm
Thumbs up from me too ExtraPeeps!
Helixing my inner beanie
crispycornflak3s View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycornflak3s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:04pm
Extra, I'm glad you end up getting what you wanted despite the "little" hiccup of Levis.com. I'm 5'9 with slightly big thighs. With raws, I usually get an inseam of 34, so I guess like you I should size down twice on inseam to get that 60's, 70's vibe going.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExtraPeople Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by crispycornflak3s crispycornflak3s wrote:

Extra, I'm glad you end up getting what you wanted despite the "little" hiccup of Levis.com. I'm 5'9 with slightly big thighs. With raws, I usually get an inseam of 34, so I guess like you I should size down twice on inseam to get that 60's, 70's vibe going.

I think that's completely right. Otherwise you'll get that bagging at the bottom which in my opinion distorts the overall fit and conceals the true shape of the jean. I've been looking at vintage ads all day and realizing how spot on I am. It's just not a modern "in" look for men but eff that! Everyone looked cooler in the late 60s and early 70s anyway :)
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:01pm
ExtraPeople, are there any noticeable differences in fit and denim between the 1976 and 1966?
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 385386387388389 475>
  Share Topic