denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373 475>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Sympathy-4-The-Denim Sympathy-4-The-Denim wrote:

Did no one noticed, the actual photograph shows wearing him the 1915s(no belt loops).

Very well spotted sir Clap

(.. you know I hadn't? Tsk..tsk)
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

We have a (ahem..) Levi's M&C thread - 

http://www.denimbro.com/levis-made-and-crafted_topic475.html 

- but no thread for Levi's Red.

(slaps face).. yes we do -

http://www.denimbro.com/maynards-levis-red-jeans-thread_topic1491.html
ThisDudeAbides View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThisDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Did no one noticed, the actual photograph shows wearing him the 1915s(no belt loops).

Very well spotted sir Clap

(.. you know I hadn't? Tsk..tsk)

Whoops!

Hold on - here is the 1933. I was uploading these in rapid fire succession.

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThisDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:32pm

Anyhow, I think the current 1915 is superior to the 1933, but thats just my taste. I love the clean look of of the top, lacking belt loops and the incredibe subtle denim. But I would love to see a close pic of the 1933 denim, since the 33s pair I have is from the late 2000s ant not neppy at all? Can you please? Big smile

My actual camera doesn't have a macro lens, so you'll have to do with my iPhone shots. The neps aren't in the weft, but rather are in the warp. My '44s have this as well, but not to the extent of the '33s. 

Sympathy-4-The-Denim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 11:33pm
Thanks Dude, maybe it´s because of the light, but the denim seems a lot darker than the one used for my 33s from around 2008, also it is really neppy what I like quite a lot. Maybe I should watch out for them too. How are the front pockets? Narrow and low, as with the 1915, which is really an issue?
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThisDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 7:05am

Thanks Dude, maybe it´s because of the light, but the denim seems a lot darker than the one used for my 33s from around 2008, also it is really neppy what I like quite a lot. Maybe I should watch out for them too. How are the front pockets? Narrow and low, as with the 1915, which is really an issue?

These definitely are pretty dark. To be perfectly honest, I remember holding these next to the 1915 and not noticing any large difference in color shade. As you had noted, the 1915 has a slightly different hand feel and is lighter, but otherwise, not TOO different.

I feel like the front pockets aren't too narrow, but I don't have very large hands. They are a slight bit wider than the 1915, I feel. And since this fit is roomy in the hips, I can actually put things in the pockets LOL
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 8:09am
FYI the 1915's, 1917's and 1922's all have shallower pockets. I think all the other buckle-back models over the years stuck with the 'usable' pocket depth, including the 1927's 

I have the (second run) 22's   ... Party

The front pockets are unusable
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThisDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 11:56am
That's a shame, Dr. I like how usable mine are. When I think of shallow, almost useless pockets, my 1978s come to mind. 
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 2:59pm
20s 201 pockets are OK, not great.  Levis is just helping out the foreman.  "Hey git yer hands out a yer pockets and get back to work!"  Around these parts, they call them Boeing gloves.
My coat has nine buttons, but I always fascinate.
jewellben View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jewellben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 1:34am

My recent ‘33 have "proper" pockets and are pretty dark too. I'll post a pic over the weekend. I've just had them back from the Levis tailor in London as I've had them tapered which I know isn’t favourable to most on here but the arcuate on the ’33 are the best IMO of the LVC models

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373 475>
  Share Topic