denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:14am
Originally posted by setterman setterman wrote:

No cuffs on late 60s Levis! 
not so sure about that...

setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:16am
That's not exactly the mainstream, American, men style of the 60s killer b.  For a good portion of the 60s, men's pants on this side of the Atlantic were worn tapered, and hemmed short.  IMO, that's how the LVC 66's are supposed to be worn.  

Maynard, yeah, I hammered the rivets on the 22s. Didn't think to put anything solid in the top block of the pants, so when I hammered the front rivets I put a couple holes in the back.  you can see one just above the right rivet in the back pocket shot.  Ouch
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 7:16am
oh, i know. just an excuse to post a cool pic... Smile
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 7:59am
Oi, oi, oi!!   LOL

[/QUOTE]
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 12:14am
Some shots of the new LVC Menlo jacket. This is the fifth LVC leather called "Menlo", and the third one of the same design. Note to LVC designers: there are other names.

A real beauty. The leather (sheep skin, not goat like the first two versions) is thick, supple and has a nice grain. Stitching is good, and best of all the buttons are sewn properly- nice and tight with no loose threads, smaller interior button braces and exterior knotting (clavin recently schooled me on proper button attachment). Haven't seen a LVC jacket sewn this well since the last Aero x LVC. I guess it's sad when buttons being properly sewn on is a rarity worth noting, but that seems to be where we are.
 The color is hard to capture exactly- probably the second shot is the closest to reality.

Edited by mr randal - 04 Feb 2012 at 12:22am
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 12:28am
The design of the new jacket looks closest to the second Menlo, but as I don't have that one here are some comparison shots of it with the first "Menlo" from around 2005.

Buttons on the earlier version are not original.

Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 8:56am
Nice one Mark! How's the fit? Pics? 
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
airfrogusmc View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote airfrogusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 10:32am
A few rare items
1911 333s

airfrogusmc View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote airfrogusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 10:39am
1905 209 coveralls

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 12:30pm
I've seen this repro in person and it's one of the best I've seen!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 475>
  Share Topic