denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 5:48am
Hey fellas, I got a pair of the 1878 Pantalons. I love the fit (anti-wide leg), but the buckle is total dog shit. Can anyone point me in the direction of a better one for this pair? Dead
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 6:14am
Riverjunction.com
maxamillionmose View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maxamillionmose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 6:51am
^^ aren't the pantaloons great? They are my favorite pair of pants even though the cinch buckles are garbage.  Also watch for fraying along the selvedge. Turn your pants inside out and you'll see what I'm talking about.  Once I snipped the ends off the buckle prongs, the backside of the buckle snapped in half. This happened to two pairs of mine. it is because the back isn't solid.  The first pair that this happened to, I had the tailors at the LVC shop replace the buckle with a sturdier buckle. they chose a rather nice one. I imagine they would do the same for you for no charge since it is a flawed product.  the second pair that this happened to, I simply removed the buckle, tack-welded the the buckle back together and put everything back together and it has been solid since. I don't know if you have the need for it, but if they are oversized at the waist, it is also helpful to move the cinch straps so that they cinch up more in the waist. This denim doesn't shrink much, if at all.
My solution for the fraying along selvedge was to fold  and stitch bias tape over the length of the selvedge to seal and protect it from fraying further.  I know folks who did nothing about it and it hasn't caused them any problems. on another pair I overlock stitched the selvedge to help hold eerything in place and prevent further fraying.  I own quite a few pairs of pantaloons and every pair that I have seen has this fraying selvedge problem to some degree.  It must have been a flaw with the entire production run.  You may not notice it at all until you soak them or wash them, but it's worth the inspection.  Check the selvedge along the inside of the out-seams and along the fly placket.

enjoy those pants!
everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 7:39am
need some fit pics of the pantaloons - I've only ever seen them worn on purchase looking a bit goofy, never with a bit of wear on them. any chance max?
maxamillionmose View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamillionmose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 8:10am
^ I'll see what i can find on my computer.  I have been on an island in the West Indies since early 2013 and I didn't bring them with me but I might have something on my computer. I Don't know if they'll be satisfactory fit pics but they might help you get an idea.
everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 8:58am
Thanks, my old brain was firing slow this morning! 

Originally posted by Maynard Friedman Maynard Friedman wrote:

Riverjunction.com
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by killer b killer b wrote:

need some fit pics of the pantaloons - I've only ever seen them worn on purchase looking a bit goofy, never with a bit of wear on them. any chance max?

Mr Randal is wearing a pair on page 33 of the what are you wearing thread. Probably some on other pages of that thread, and earlier in this one too.  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
gnob View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 11:21am
What coincidence! I was just inquiring on the inside seams finish. I had mine washed once and here's the fraying:

(excuse the bad phone pics)

the buckle does look fragile, as always. But, the worrisome problem is the pocket fraying. Not sure it was intentional for LVC to not finish the seams or even a production run mistake. Btw, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably overlock stitched them when i have the time. I thought it was only my pair that has such concern.

Originally posted by maxamillionmose maxamillionmose wrote:

^^ aren't the pantaloons great? They are my favorite pair of pants even though the cinch buckles are garbage.  Also watch for fraying along the selvedge. Turn your pants inside out and you'll see what I'm talking about.  Once I snipped the ends off the buckle prongs, the backside of the buckle snapped in half. This happened to two pairs of mine. it is because the back isn't solid.  The first pair that this happened to, I had the tailors at the LVC shop replace the buckle with a sturdier buckle. they chose a rather nice one. I imagine they would do the same for you for no charge since it is a flawed product.  the second pair that this happened to, I simply removed the buckle, tack-welded the the buckle back together and put everything back together and it has been solid since. I don't know if you have the need for it, but if they are oversized at the waist, it is also helpful to move the cinch straps so that they cinch up more in the waist. This denim doesn't shrink much, if at all.
My solution for the fraying along selvedge was to fold  and stitch bias tape over the length of the selvedge to seal and protect it from fraying further.  I know folks who did nothing about it and it hasn't caused them any problems. on another pair I overlock stitched the selvedge to help hold eerything in place and prevent further fraying.  I own quite a few pairs of pantaloons and every pair that I have seen has this fraying selvedge problem to some degree.  It must have been a flaw with the entire production run.  You may not notice it at all until you soak them or wash them, but it's worth the inspection.  Check the selvedge along the inside of the out-seams and along the fly placket.

enjoy those pants!
-cy
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 11:24am
Might be intentional, but likely I won't have this problem as I never machine was. Soak only! 
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 12:22pm
Yeah. Buckle broke immediately on mine too. Replaced it with a better one. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 475>
  Share Topic