Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 475>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 8:02pm
^I think we found a similar oddly slim looking photo on Unionmade last year for something that wasn't at all a slim cut, and ended up determining that they for some reason had arranged it to look slim for the photo.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by setterman setterman wrote:

fit looks great IMO on 'em Doc.  I'm loving the pair I picked up on sale from Orvis recently.  Like the '47s, I don't think the cut is accurate (rise a little too tall, leg width to waist proportions off). but they give that worn small, biker look Levis was shooting for with the '47, and look good. 

As a side note the new ones are cut just about identical to my 643 '44s from 2007 or 2008, but the old ones are tagged 38, the new one's 36.   

Many thanks ( and skyrunner too!) for the vote of confidence on the fit and the info. 

It's not the cut on these so much as me sizing them incorrectly.  I got a 34 measured pair and my waist is a 34-34.5 (..duh ).  Just wish they did half sizes.  
I definately have a love/hate thing going on with these..

Some of the details on the '44's have changed over the years also.  Are these the latest version (2012?) do you know?
(no affiliation with the seller)

Look ok, although without actually having them in your hands it's hard to tell.  They have a white/yellow chainstitch around the inside waistband, unlike the previous versions, which had black stitching. They've sorted the back pocket shape out at last - The 'lylac arcs' version c.2008/9 and my pair c.2010 have back pockets like this :

( and dont even get me started on the belt loops Thumbs Down )
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 10:31am
Don't know about those washed '44s on ebay.  The buttons and back pockets look like those used on the current '44, but they have white pockets and those haven't been used on the raw '44s in three or four years.

My new '44s are "337" button code, and are identical to the ones on LVC's website.  OD pockets, yellow/brown painted arcs, black chainstitch at waist.

Wild back pockets on your '44s.  My 337 '44s aren't like that, I don't think my 643s are either.  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 12:45pm
Thanks, yeah they have what I would call the right shape back pockets.
The back pockets on the #554 (2003-4) looked like this -

In 2005 they looked like this (these have the striped shirt material in front pockets) -

Then the shape starts to get more exagerrated from 2008..onward.

2010 is when the belt-loops lost some weight (like your 22's) Angry   

Edited by Dr_Heech - 15 Oct 2012 at 2:24pm
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 1:07pm
Here's a comparison shot between the 643s and the 337s  Not sure the year on the 643, 2007 or 2008.  They have the pink arcs and coin pocket rivets.  Pockets are a little bigger on the old ones vs the new ones.  they both have the black and yellow chain stitch at the waist.  

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 1:15pm
I didn't realise any of the 44s had coin pocket rivets Setterman. Unless that was done deliberately, it's a bigger faux pas than the 2005 201 diamond back pocket arcs!
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 1:16pm
Update on my Dad and his LVC 1927 501

Trying to convince him to take these over to Peru on excavation this Xmas...
Sardine View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 2:20pm
Your Dad's got some great style Foxy!
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 2:45pm
They gots the rivets.  Don't know if it was a screw up with that individual pair, or the model that year.  Didn't realize they still have the tag on them (usually cut that off), they're from 2008. Buttons on the old ones are more correct, and not rusting like the new ones (after having them just a month).

erk View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote erk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 8:15pm
ahh 1944s... I still want a pair. thanks for the little detail extravaganza. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 475>
  Share Topic