Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 8:11am
No
Helixing my inner beanie
Braul View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 4:55am
What is the right inseam for a guy who is 5 ′ 10 ″ tall? In LVC '47 and LVC '54 shrink to fit.

L30, L32, L34?
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Braul Braul wrote:

What is the right inseam for a guy who is 5 ′ 10 ″ tall? In LVC '47 and LVC '54 shrink to fit.

L30, L32, L34?

Braul, welcome to denimbro. While the forum is a place of conversation, most of your questions have all been discussed over the years. Chances are you’ll find the answers you seek long before someone gets back to you here.

Next let me say throw all that marketing nonsense out the window from LVC. They’re still shrink to fit cotton blue jeans. There is no magic to LVC denim that’ll make you look like iggy pop circa 1969.
There are two two things that will guarantee you a great fitting pair of 501s, choosing the right model year and purchasing the right size. Both of those are completely in the eye of the beholder.
I’ve owned ever model for 37-78, and while there are certain details and denim recipes I like more than others the 47 is hands down the winning cut for me. I just feel the most at home in a pair of 32x34 47s. And only through trial and error have I figured that out.
When it’s time to break out a new pair here’s my method; I cut the tags off and throw them in the washing machine with the rest of my dirty darks. Hang dry on the clothing line and wear them until they need to be washed again. Repeat. Some folks here have their own methods and that’s fine too.

What would be more productive would be to offer a starting point and what you’re hoping to find and then throw that out to the bros.

Edited by robroy - 13 Aug 2022 at 2:03pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:50pm
Robroy-yes
Braul View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 2:52am
Originally posted by robroy robroy wrote:

I just feel the most at home in a pair of 32x34 47s. And only through trial and error have I figured that out.

Are you taller than 5 ′ 10 ″?

What would be more productive would be to offer a starting point and what you’re hoping to find and then throw that out to the bros.

I was thinking of buying 32x34 or 32x32. With 5 ′ 10 ″ and if I don't cuff my jeans (with sanforized jeans) my size is L30. According to this, what to choose? If I don't cuff my jeans I don't want them to be excessively long. I know that shrink to fit jeans can shrink 3 sizes in length.

Many brands of jeans are all the same inseam: 34. But I don't know if it will be too long after shrinkage. And maybe L32 would shrink too much and make it impossible to cuff my jeans.

Based on your experience what would you choose?

robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 8:15am
It’s been my experience that the 1947 model in my size 32x34 shrinks down to about a 30x30.
When I first wash them they’re about a 31x31 and with more washes they’ll shrink down a little bit more. They tend to stretch out in the waist when you wear them longer in between washes. I’m talking half an inch is all though. I’m 5’10” and 155 pounds (now). I’ve posted in this thread and the way it’s worn thread of me wearing 47s in various stages of wear.

Here’s me in my 32x34 47s

Edited by robroy - 14 Aug 2022 at 8:31am
Braul View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:48pm

It’s been my experience that the 1947 model in my size 32x34 shrinks down to about a 30x30.
When I first wash them they’re about a 31x31 and with more washes they’ll shrink down a little bit more. They tend to stretch out in the waist when you wear them longer in between washes. I’m talking half an inch is all though. I’m 5’10” and 155 pounds (now). I’ve posted in this thread and the way it’s worn thread of me wearing 47s in various stages of wear.

Here’s me in my 32x34 47s

They fit you perfectly and the denim shirt is gorgeous.

What is the inseam of these jeans right now? 30 or 31?
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 4:22pm
I don’t remember which pair of the dozen or so that I have are these pair specifically. I can say that all of my 501s in a 34” inseam shrink down to around a 30” inseam.
Where it can differ is how I fit in the cut. For instance the 47 tends to be a lower rise and so I wear them a touch higher than so the 44s which are a higher rise so the tend to sit just a touch lower, making the inseam feel longer.
We’re talking fairly minor differences but when you find the one pair that is your favorite you’ll notice the differences in the others.
huntburton View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 1:14pm
Howdy!

I need some help identifying a 1880's LVC pair, I've grabbed recently. 

I got no idea what these are. I've compared to a 1880's Waist Overall and a 1886, which are the most similiar looking models, but there are so much differences, e.g. coin pocket placing, non-riveted cinch, no accurates, and so on.

Have anyone seen this model before? Maybe it's a sample or something, due to the model-number tag is the only thing that is cut off. All other labels are attached.

I got really no idea and help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

(sorry, I'm not clever enough to fit the pics directly in this post. Hope, the link is okay for yall
pwcDave View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwcDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 10:56am
--deleted--

Edited by pwcDave - 02 Oct 2022 at 9:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 475>
  Share Topic