denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 465466467468469 475>
Author
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerfas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Shorty Long Shorty Long wrote:

I’m about to move and I’m planning on unloading a few older LVC pieces from 2002-07. Nothing too special — I don’t think — but I’d like to give members of the community the option of obtaining them before I take them to Goodwill. Watch this space.

Here are the items I mentioned. Please note, it's a mixed bag, and I'm not looking to get rich, but I think there are some interesting pieces that deserve a better fate than the goodwill bin;

brpac View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 4:13pm
Hey Friends —

Stumbled upon an LVC Type 2 Cone denim in a thrift shop — un-soaked, brand new — lucky me — but there’s a few features that don’t line up with the jackets I’ve seen around in the past. First, the label says “507” not “507XX” although the denim on my jacket is clearly shrink to fit (it’s beautiful denim and red selvedge). The other detail on my jacket is that on the tag, it says “MADE IN USA” not “MADE IN USA OF IMPORTED MATERIALS.” So — any help here? What era of LVC is this from? Thanks so much!
Grover View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 12:02pm
Good day,

Does anyone have any insight on the age/background of this shirt. I believe it could possibly be pre LVC. What is strange about this shirt is it lacks any internal manufacturing tags such as the Valencia Street Factory Grey manufacturing tag. I know there is a very similar Valencia version with the large grey manufacturing tag, The only difference I could find other than the tags was the change in the color of stitching used around the label tag. On this version it is Yellow on the Valencia version it is white. 

I have found a few examples of similar Shorthorns with no internal tags on the internet but none are DS like this one. Another strange fact is that the paper tag states it was made in the USA, I am not sure how Levi's got around not including manufacture/washing tags. 

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. 

Thanks
Rita View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 5:52am
HI
Just found your site and wanted to know if you can advise me.  I have a pair of Levis 501 mens dark blue rinse jeans.  They are capital E (printed on one side only), Red Tab, selveged seams, leather patch, hidden rivets, made in Valencia Factory San Francisco California, exclusive XX Top weight denim and sewed with the strongest thread (stated on the label).  They are brand new when purchased and in original bag when purchased.  They have never been worn as I purchased the wrong size for my husband.  I bought these in the only genuine Levis shop in London and had to ask for the Capital E Red Tab as they did not put them on display and they were kept in a storeroom.  These Levis are the UNWASHED version and they are a size waist 34 and inseam 36.  I am unsure what the date I purchased them is but circa 1992.  I am hoping to sell these jeans but not sure where the best forum is to sell.  Can anyone assist me with this ?  My jeans look exactly like your pictures above.  They have a salmon coloured label.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Rita
Rita
Rita View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:19am
Hi quick question ???  I have a pair of brand new (when purchased) Levis Red Tab, Capital E (printed on one side only), hidden copper rivets, selveged seams, dark rinse, UNWASHED and made from the original XX denim.  They are made in Valencia, San Francisco California.  They have all 4 labels, the top one is salmon pink and the Levis patch is leather.  Can you tell me where would be best to sell these and what they would be worth. I am currently waiting for a valuation from another few sites.   I think they were manufactured in 1994 as the numbers on the label which is a white rectangle with black writing and looks exactly like the labels above in your pictures states 5094.  The 4th label (brown paper label) on the back of the jeans states ......"Levis Vintage Clothing. Made from the Original Levis XX Denim .  This Garment is UNWASHED - Rigid" .  They have been sitting in the same bag I purchased them in for all these years in a cupboard untouched and unworn.   Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Rita 
Rita
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
Can you post a picture of the wash tag inside the jeans, this should have the date printed on it.
Jonny Solo View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 1:00pm
New to Denimbro. Just wondering if anyone has info about the 66501-01 from Japan. Guessing they’re an LVC Japan item but I can’t find anything about them, so wondering if they’re genuine / vintage. Any knowledge of them please? I haven’t worked out how to attach photos yet so none attached.
Jonny Solo View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 1:14pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Jonny Solo Jonny Solo wrote:

They’re just like the attached:
https://media.karousell.com/media/photos/products/2021/5/27/levis_big_e_66_501_japan_repro_1622100903_a71e0e39_progressive.jpg

The date should be on the other side of the wash tag,
Try typing all the numbers on how they appear on the wash tag
Plus list the button number on the back of your pants top shank button.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 465466467468469 475>
  Share Topic