denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456457458459460 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote johandiggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 7:41pm
xpost from sufu thread, my boy version

rootdiggers
Genericguy View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 3:36am
Recently joined and have read the past hundred or so pages pages of this thread, some great information here (and some amazing fades).
Hoping someone can advise me on a new purchase.
Got this LVC 557 today, it was worn and given a cold soak by the original owner.

Normally I like to wash anything I buy on ebay but this is only just big enough, I really couldn't lose anything from the arms.
I think my options are?
Wash at 30 with almost no powder
Hand wash in cold water
Forego washing and just air it outside for a bit.

Washing instructions say:

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:33pm
Perhaps the seller already washed it before putting it on ebay? 
If you're going to do it yourself I'd say hand washing would be the safest bet.
Also you can work on stretching out the sleeves while wet. Maybe take a measurement pre wash so you can see if they have actually shrunk any after the wash.
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:03pm
cheers, I ended up turning it inside out and just wiping with a damp cloth.
I will need to try and stretch the sleeve length a bit though, is there a recommended way to do this?
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:00pm
A friend who dealt in vintage denim told me that he could get 3-4 inches back by steam ironing a pair of jeans. I'd start with that method on your sleeves.
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:35pm
Thanks, I will give that a go. I presume I should turn the jacket inside out first?
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 5:55pm
Right. I would do it that way for safety. 

Also I'd be attempting to pull on the sleeves while ironing. Perhaps you can clamp the cuff to your ironing board in order to make this easier.
zerfas View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerfas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:48am
Hey guys, on Instagram the official LVC says that Levis is launching a limited run of the 1944 501 in three different versions with the last remaining stock of the 1940's cone mills fabric. Has anybody more info's about that?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by zerfas zerfas wrote:

Hey guys, on Instagram the official LVC says that Levis is launching a limited run of the 1944 501 in three different versions with the last remaining stock of the 1940's cone mills fabric. Has anybody more info's about that?

I’ll inquire, and see if I get an answer.
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:55pm
On the subject of washing that jean jacket, I'd recommend hand washing in cold water, if you think it needs it. Even if the fit were generous, I'd still make the same recommendation for other reasons. Some fabrics, especially canvas, will show scuff marks sometimes if it was machine washed, looking like it had been rubbed with sandpaper. It will show more on some fabrics and garments than others and chiefly when it's new or not too badly worn in. A Carhartt canvas jacket is bad to do this. Denim is not so bad in that respect, though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456457458459460 475>
  Share Topic