Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 475>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 3:50pm
The new LVC season reminds me of this seasons kapital- all mismatched, implausibly fitted and garish- if that’s the look you want why not just go to the Salvation Army?
Infrarealist View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infrarealist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:29pm
Pieces are starting to trickle in at a couple of different websites, (SlamJam, Canoe Club, Ssense, etc..) and a few at Levi's official. If you click on any of new items at the LVC website, you'll get this little blurb at the top of the description:

"Crank it up. Levi’s® Vintage Clothing presents Fall/Winter 2020, a tribute to the ’80s Louisville underground music scene that ultimately paved the way for Seattle’s transformative grunge scene. Their uniform of choice was a pair of classic ’80s Levi’s® 501® Jeans mixed with strong graphic elements and DIY attitude. With this collection, we celebrate these artists and the legacy they left behind.

Pretty obscure and specific reference point for the collection, no doubt, even for me being quite a music fan and history buff, but I'm glad to see them branch out into weirder territory rather than simply rehash pieces. 

Link to one of the pieces with the above description

zerfas View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerfas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 3:05am
Levi's Hongkong has updated their LVC web page to the new collection:
and on Ebay Germany the first Look Book is for sale! 
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Levis-Vintage-Clothing-Lookbook-FW20/303634213267?hash=item46b2026993:g:6y8AAOSwm8FfHZuf
The whole collection is ok with a few nice items, but for me a "wait 'till next season" 
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:38am
A friend is selling 2006 season - 54s (i believe) via his facebook.
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:58pm

I posted these sometime before the great awakening of our old hands and so I’m throwing these peculiarities out there again hoping someone will having something to say about them. 

I first got in to denim around 2007-08. My first pair of selvedge denim being a 1947 model from the 2007 season. Right before Levis ended the LVC project. When LVC was rebirthed in 2010(?) with new headquarters and denim recipes and patterns for their models I was always slightly miffed every time I put back on my first pair of 47’s from the 07 season. They just fit me the best. In the meantime i kept an eye out for those earlier releases hoping to find a new pair of favorites. 

I did find a pair, and here it is from 2007 (March specifically) that i found on eBay. Everything i remember from my first pair, except take note of the selvedge:

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 3:43pm
It would seem that Levi adds a little extra something, that wouldn’t have been on the original....so someone can’t just razor
Out the tags- and pass it off as an original.....Interesting, black and red selvedge ID lines.
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 3:58pm
Mike - not to pick nits here, but in the name of getting to the bottom of this, it’s a blue line.

I have two other pairs from this era. Late 06, and late 07, bookends to these. The other two pairs are identical in every respect to these except for the traditional redline.
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:30pm
Forgive my ignorance , LVC is something ive only followed from a distance... but could these be a sample ? And or irregulars? The 'R' top stamp as opposed to 555 (or someother number is suspect imho)
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:40pm
Bob - I’ve owned and seen LVC samples that are labeled as such. Not to say they are not samples and did not get labeled, nowhere are these stamped sample. They are stamped with the familiar “R” on the back of the top button for repo.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by robroy robroy wrote:

Mike - not to pick nits here, but in the name of getting to the bottom of this, it’s a blue line.

I have two other pairs from this era. Late 06, and late 07, bookends to these. The other two pairs are identical in every respect to these except for the traditional redline.

Ah- right, I think as I typed black- I was thinking it was probably blue. Wish I knew what was up here- I was thinking
Bob might be onto something- but maybe it’s the Levi curse....Meaning there’s always some odd little, slightly interesting
Detail that totally doesn’t make any sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 475>
  Share Topic