denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 475>
Author
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:25pm
Hi All - sorry to de-rail the conversation for a minute but I was curious - has anyone posted an analysis on the revised 1890’s 501’s made with the “loomstate” denim?

Or does anyone have any thoughts on this model as for its approximate accuracy and denim used in its historical reproduction?

I tried a few pairs on recently and I was surprised by the fit and sizing which seem to run small and slim. My only point of reference are my 1922 501s purchased about 8 years ago.

I think the fit remained fairly unchanged from 1890s - 1920s but not sure if my thinking is correct.

Thanks!

If you want to view paradise. Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world?
There's nothing to it.
VeganG View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeganG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:33pm
Hello all

are there any Acid Wash boffins out there? i would like to know more about production dates etc. i own a mint 87 Levis Jean Jacket and am always looking for new pieces, especially sherpa lining

thanks in advance
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 2:19am
Maybe? but not here, most of us tend to be purists who frown upon any kind of distressing plus some of us denim-geriatics are old enough to remember being repulsed by acid-wash first time around (i also remember something called moon-wash from a similar era which resembled craters) but hey, i appreciate that you're probably a different generation who's opinion hasn't been tarnished by history.
I wouldn't even know where you could start digging...
I'll endorse anything for cash
redchris View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:07am
Hello LVC guys . Can I ask for some help? Would 565 stamped on the back if the buttons indicate it was made in the u.s.
simonT View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:02pm
Hi guys !

Is this a LVC model ?

Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 12:37am
I’d say no. Probably A skinheads jacket from the 80’s ( possibly very late 60’s, but less likely). Not sure what the background is, but it was popular for them to remove the label from the back of the neck and sew it in the chest- hence the dark area above the pocket. The lower dark area will probably have been a band patch.

Edited by Mr Black - 22 Oct 2019 at 1:48am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
simonT View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 12:55am
It is a Big E jacket :) that why I wasn’t sure

So real vintage then

Thank you for the answer
Kmelly1979 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmelly1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:37am
Hi,I bought a pair of capital E line levis, made in USA, the red tab on back is lowercase. The only tag inside pants says capital E. Just wondering are these new or from 90s
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:27am
New.
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Kmelly1979 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmelly1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 9:20am
How do you know? And why cant i find them online anywhere!? Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 475>
  Share Topic