Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 12:18pm
Which model are they robroy?
Helixing my inner beanie
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 12:48pm
1947 from spring 2007. They have the stitching that’s really orange. I was trying to upload some more pictures but imgur was not cooperating. As I bought these on ebay, not knowing the history I thought maybe they were fakes. If they are they’re the best fakes you’ll ever see. In fact the only thing that would tip you off is that half blue line selvedge. I’m guessing they are some kind of sample.
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 1:04pm

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 12:31am
I bought some nos late 90's cloth patch 201's from ebay around the early 00's (same as Doc's pair on pg1) i seem to remember they were £95 which would have been going rate back then. They were from a reputable source and everything about them was perfect apart from the crotch rivet was missing (with no sign that it ever existed) in those heady pre-forum days i was of the opinion that Levi's would NEVER let something like this slip through QC so they must be 'factory seconds' and i sent them back...
I'll endorse anything for cash
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 1:17am
CSF will make a repro of that exact pair for £500 - Dec 20 1921, post-Christmas party mistake.
Helixing my inner beanie
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:28am
back to the question of arcs re: new model Japanese denim made in Bulgaria lvc 1937

seems like this version is keeping faithful...

if I remember in the recent past the levis site pix for the '37 had previously been a copy of the '47 pix, but the pic of the 30s cinch back but 40s arcs gives such pause for thought...
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:33am
^that cinch strap looks a little lower than usual on that pair or is it just me?
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

^that cinch strap looks a little lower than usual on that pair or is it just me?

I think the same, it will be an artistic license...
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:47pm
in response; just compared it to the pic the same site has for their remaining cone '37 thinking this may shine a light: but, verily, 'twas exactly the same picture: apologies for sharing duffness! thought they might have actually been a little more thorough than that... (they're also listing them as 12oz... mmm...)

can confirm that the location of the cinch in those pictures is where the cinch sits on the '37 I have from the last cone season (the bottom of the cinch aligns with the bottom of the leather patch) - lower than the warehouse duck digger rendition... or earlier lvc versions I have seen on the webz...
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:48am
Thanks Bartles.
Just had a look at my nos 37's from the fall 2003 season, which is only 2 years after the model was released, and the cinch is higher (like on originals) although the rivets are just below the chainstitching on the waistband.
I think this cinch strap position changed around 2008 or 2009, as l remember ordering both the 1915 and 1917 modeld from Aeroleather and sent them back due to this little inaccuracy (plus poor quality issues).
Generally l like the 37 model but found that the fly placet is far shorter than any other lvc model, which really irks me.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 23 Sep 2019 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 475>
  Share Topic