denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 475>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosstime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 12:49pm
Hi Guys,

This week i grabbed myself a first pair of Rigid LVC, a 1954 501XX. I already have a 76 and 54 pre-washed and i have those in a size 33. Good size for my legs and around the backpockets a 32 would be better i think but they wouldn’t fit around my waist. So i took the advice and went with a size 34 to size up. I shrunk them this morning and everything went well.. a great piece of raw denim! But i think a size 33 would have been better around my backpocket area.. there is some piece of denim just around there. In my waist it fits good, not to tight but a size 33 will be to small i think.. and in the length the are good as well. Is there something i can do to shrink them a tad more and ruin the raw denim proces? Already thanks i’m a newbie but i will stay cause i truly love Levi’s
KapitalSteez View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KapitalSteez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:48pm
Posted this in another thread a while ago and got no response, may have been the wrong place so putting it here:

Originally posted by KapitalSteez KapitalSteez wrote:

Hey all, I recently found what I believe to be an LVC Type 2 at the flea market. Cardstock patch in good condition, big E, selvedge around the inside edge, silver buttons with no numbers, and the panels are slightly irregular in colouration. Any ideas what collection this could be from? I'm erring toward Made in Japan.

Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
Not LVC IMO, some random mainline Levis or fake. Washtag would tell you where it's made at.
Too much Denim - too little time...
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:19am
so it seems that now lvc is dropping the non-cone into various sites without declaration: on sufu Bulgarian made pairs reported being shipped...

and repeat of my own pap:

to add to this: there does seem indeed on the UK site a sliding in of 'v2' without proper denomination: 

i.e. for the '55 - the style 'rigid-blue'; model no: 501550040 - sold out in most popular sizes (guessing this is the cone version, but all mentions of cone removed from blurp....) whereas for another version of 'rigid-blue': model no: 501550055 all sizes ready to go... [i.e. v2]

lvc is hoping that i am resting assured that both are 100% cotton and relaxed fit...

[on a lot of pairs on the site they seem to be alternating between 'dark blue' / rigid' / 'dark wash'... guessing the option with most unavailable sizes is the cone one...]

[typing this wearing my '15 - probably my happiest summer fit ever... objectively not the best jeans ever, but made for July wearing...]

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:30am
If you look in the ‘Details’ section of the Rigid/Dark Wash/Dark Blue LVC jeans on the website it will state either:

Made with denim from Cone Mills of North Carolina, a proud Levi's® partner for over 100 years (= made in USA)
OR
Made from rigid and durable selvedge denim, which has been indigo-dyed (= potentially made in Bulgaria)
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:58am
indeed: for some this is the case (the '47 for example)
whereas for the '55 it is not (yet the unavailability status is a clear indicator of cone or no....)
(and hilariously, for the '44 - the only lvc cone pair I am vaguely looking to stock up on - no indication is given, and because it is so unpopular there is no sell out on any size on either model so f**k know which is which... but my suspicion is that is the Style # 445010068 )
first world problems etc.

edit: it would seem that the '33 does not yet (and thus few sizes available) have a v2 version out whilst the '37 does... and they must have had enough rolls to knock out another season of the 1890 in cone only...
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:01pm
2nd world problems too if we factor in Bulgaria!

The 44s with the code ending ...68 have 33 reviews while those ending ...72 have none, so I think you’re right.
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:13pm
lol: elementary indeed!
[happy to have been there when lvc popped into to being, shedding wee little tears as it enters this phase in such manners...]
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm
Bulgarian denim??? I thought they were switching to kaihara denim?
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:43pm
They are most likely made in Bulgaria, using Japanese denim.
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 475>
  Share Topic