Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 411412413414415 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm
The 40% off code is on the us levis site
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Shorty Long Shorty Long wrote:

I think Levi has already stopped using White Oak denim for their LVC jeans.

Why's that Shorty, please explain?
Helixing my inner beanie
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:24pm
I still see a lot of jeans on the US Levis site that state Cone Mills as the denim.
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:33pm
I could have sworn I saw someone mention in perhaps the Cone thread that LVC had stopped using Cone. I know they never or rarely used Cone for washed models, but I thought they had even cut back on the White Oak stuff for the rigid models too.

Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

Why's that Shorty, please explain?
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:41pm
I don't think that's the case at all with the raw jeans, possibly a rumour from Reddit! I understand that they have enough denim from Cone for a couple more seasons.
Helixing my inner beanie
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm

new 66 raw measure what my old pair is after many wash n dries. those were really oversized so not mad
propellerbeanie View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote propellerbeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 1:54am

Nah, they have enough till H2 of 2018.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:31am
I''m thinking of getting some 701s for mrs b - can anyone who's picked up a pair give me some guidance re: fit? Double O?
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 10:18am
They fit tts killer but that size is taken much higher than usual id suggest measuring your good ladies waist at the smallest point just below the rib cage, don't allow for shrinkage keep the tape quite taught, they will stretch slightly, i would say they're rinsed rather than one-wash.
When my mrs first got hers she thought the waist was quite uncomfortable pushing up into the ribs when sitting down, but it gives quickly. She normally wears a 29 and went for a 27, they only really 'fit' on the waist and hopefully the ass they drape everywhere else, there's a lot of room in the legs.
There's also a lot of material from crotch to waistband so if mrs b. is taller than lets say 5'6" it balances out quite well. My mrs used to wear loose fitting 201,s with a high rolled hem, and i think she prefered that cut on her frame rather than the cut of these 701,s.
She's 5'7" and a bit, a UK10 with a 33" ish inside leg, if you want some sizes let me know.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:33am
great thanks! she sounds a similar size tbh. So I should measure her waist below the ribs and buy that size you reckon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 411412413414415 475>
  Share Topic