denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laundry research thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naptha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laundry research thread
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:51am
Hello there all, I hope you are well.

I have a specific care question, but was thinking this thread could open up to serve for general information and questions and answers on the history of laundering clothing. 

This is my first post here, I am excited to have registered. I have learned quite a bit looking through Denimbro and have a lot of respect for the users here.

naptha View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naptha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:57am
I am looking for a detergent recommendation.

Want to wash my jeans at my local laundromat pretty regularly and trying to ape the color of late 1960's 501s. Post-XX, pre-66; A type, S type, v-stitch, no v-stitch, etc. Not an expert on this, but I have gathered that optical brighteners were standard in detergents in the US at that point. I'm not sure to what extent, or what else was going into detergent formulas at that time, or anything about detergent really.

I'm also curious how much you think these optical brighteners contributed to the distinctive 60s vibrant blue look.

Does anyone have experience in this direction or tried for something similar recently and have anything helpful to share? If someone could recommend a widely available detergent in the US that resembles the 60's/ 70's formulas, or at least will get similar results, I would appreciate it... but curious on any information here.  I'm thinking there could be an easy on-the-shelf solution.
58panheadfan View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 58panheadfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 11:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic