denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Dating Big E Type 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:50am
I've been referring to this:

Mine looks like the centre label, and it has the over-stitching on the top left. It could also maybe be bottom left, shame I can't see the details.
I have seen the same label with a small e tag before but the date would fit with big E too.
Genericguy View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 3:38am
Forgot to add the button code, managed to get a decent shot and it is definitely 529. Can't see that listed anywhere though.

Denimseeker View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:46pm
There's no way to date a very specific year for the production of this type 3 jacket, the production year label not yet introduced....will 1971-3 be  specific enough for you?
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 3:29am
Thanks, wasn't sure if here were at pitching changes or anything that could narrow it down.
Didn't the capital E stop in 1971 though or did some still use it After?
Denimseeker View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:53pm
There are still some big e red tab stock left after 1971....used up to 1973/4 (the youngest pair of big E jeans I have seen was made in 1974)
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm
Cheers, didn't realise that
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 8:25pm
Genericguy- nice photos, I just found my jacket just like yours- same wash tag, but mine has a small e.
I started a new Levi jacket thread, when you find time, post your jacket in the new thread...Mine has a 532
Button number.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic