denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Dating Big E Type 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Dating Big E Type 3
    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 9:00am
I know there are some very knowledgeable people on here and I was hoping you could please help me pinpoint when this type 3 was made.

I believe it could be 1971 or just before.
The denim is beautiful and feels vintage.

The only things confusing me are that the neck tag is such incredible condition, have they made a repro with that style of care tag?
Buttons have 52 something on them (think it's 9), I did think vintage jackets had shorter codes?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm
Can you post everything that’s printed on the white tag- front and back if both sides are printed.
Genericguy View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 2:19pm
Tag is the same on both sides

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 2:25pm
There’s no way or reading a low res pic, spell it all out as you see it- we’re looking for numbers, spell it out in the order that
It appears on the tag please.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 2:29pm
I clicked on your image, still hard to read, no numbers? Perhaps the first wash tags had none? Maybe it’s not real...I really
Don’t know, maybe the doc can pop over for a minute, but so we don’t waste his time- we need high res pics. Please
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 2:41pm
No numbers on it, not sure if the link works but the full text is:

"Hot wash normal cycle-color will bleed-wash and tumble alone. Shrinks approx 3%"
Same on both sides of the label, no other labels on it.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:14pm
I believe I have the same wash tag on a jacket of mine, mine is definitely not a big E, must say I’m suspicious, I’ll root around and try and find the example I have- see if you can narrow down the button number, and I’ll report back when I
Find mine.
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:06pm
What color is the thread under the breast pocket? Yellow or navy? Also, the button might say ‘524’ which fits with the period of the other details  (‘68-‘73). But hi-res pictures really would help 
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 12:31am
Navy thread under the breast pocket and single stitch at the hem.
I'll take some more pics today.

Edited by Genericguy - 24 Dec 2020 at 1:14am
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:40am
This should be better:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic