denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Sun goodies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 90>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TJSchneider View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJSchneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by oomslokop oomslokop wrote:

blacksmith (duh), first wear 13 oct 2014, rotated with 5 other pairs.

love the folds and creases on the bum under the cinch from its being pulled tight.
great cut, comfy denim, lovely colour though textureless.

Should post those on, Love seeing how different this cut is on everyone. Home boi of mine has a pair and they look totally different on him than me... For my style these fit a little loose but still look pretty slim. 
I gave mine a little cleanin yesterday.. They have around 60 days of wear into them. Really dig these pants... make me really want to do the denim jacket. 

Boom
@tjSchneider @TheShopVancouver www.TheShopVancouver.com
rnrswitch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote rnrswitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:28pm
Blacksmith contest jeans. Plenty of years old. Plenty of washes. Dopest jeans ever.

Too bad your momma's a bitch, cuz I totally coulda been your daddy.
toolonginexile View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toolonginexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 7:49am
Hello Here...longtime lurker but post very infrequently.   I have been curious about the RS blacksmith for a few years now.  Just got caught up on this thread after doing a google search for some images.  I know its all water under the bridge but too bad to see that MH is no longer affiliated. So I wonder if the board can provide some general and fit (antifit) info.   The basic question is really is does anyone have any real world experience with the blacksmith for the long and lean body types?  Im 6 foot about 185 but have veryskinny legs and worried they may be a bit too wide.....any opinions or info appreciated.   Now the bloke looks decent, but i generally need at least a 11.5-12 inch rise at 36.  And that seems to be pushing the envelope in that model.

Second is the general question, of given the fact that MH is no more, are the Sanforized pair of blacksmiths any kind of value at current full price?   I have all kinds of cone...and right now working on a pair of Roy KS's....  

Anyway thanks for reading this bit of rambling....seems a bit difficult to find a slimmer cut buckle back....given the general workwear historical aesthetic 
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJSchneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:23am
Originally posted by toolonginexile toolonginexile wrote:

The basic question is really is does anyone have any real world experience with the blacksmith for the long and lean body types?  Im 6 foot about 185 but have very skinny legs and worried they may be a bit too wide.....any opinions or info appreciated.   Now the bloke looks decent, but i generally need at least a 11.5-12 inch rise at 36.  And that seems to be pushing the envelope in that model.

Anyway thanks for reading this bit of rambling....seems a bit difficult to find a slimmer cut buckle back....given the general workwear historical aesthetic 

Yo Doggy, if you check my flick a few back you'll see what a 30 looks like on me.. I'm a hair under 6'1" 175 Lbs. and wear the 30. 
The biggest difference is that I wouldn't say I have skinny legs, the former life gave me some decent tree trunks. 
 A 36 in the Blacksmith would be massive on me...  I could do some measurements on the 36 shortly and provide you with some comparison images if you want. 
Boom
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:18am
I'm 6'3". 36 waist. All of the RS pants I have tried run 2 inches big in the waist. Consequently you will need size 34 to fit waist 36 (unless something has changed with the more recent production).

In that waist range they are pretty wide in the leg but not outrageous. They feel low waisted compered to what I normally wear. I always wear them with suspenders because I found with a belt, every time I stooped or knelt down the waist slipped & I had to pull them back up.

That being said, I still like them.

Somewhere on here there is a pic of me wearing them. 

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJSchneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:34am
Yo,
I got down to The Shop and looked at a pair of The Rising Sun Bloke. 
I don't have a 36 to measure, but I did measure the front rise on the 34 to compared it to the chart on the Rising Sun website, and it's pretty much spot on at 10.75.
If you're looking for that 11.5/12 you'd need to go way up to that 38 or 40
Here's a flick of the 34s on me.

Boom
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolonginexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:26am
I want to thank everyone for the feedback.    Looks like I want the bloke but with a longer rise lol

Actually really like the blacksmith but can't do suspenders .. Maybe I'll just give RS a call and see if they will send me a 34 blacksmith and 36 bloke to tey on and or return
Again thanks all for the info
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:30am
Rising sun used to do custom fits (100 dollars or so extra to pattern). I modified a pair of Blacksmiths to get a fit that worked for me. Note. This was back in the Mike Hodis era.
John B
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolonginexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:06am
Agreed!
*lefty* View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote *lefty* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 1:10pm
Thanks to Illumin8em for tipping me off to this one. It's one of those things I stopped looking for because I just didn't expect to find it. 1 of 15 per JohnB's post back on page 43
Brand new, never soaked, a historical record of two brands at their very brief peaks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 90>
  Share Topic