denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MILITARIA PLUS (Workware,Cabourn,Kapital,etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:31am
Haha!  I know it.  I think if you combined the legs on those jeans I might be close to the required width....  I can confidently say I do not own any pants that meet the width requirements of this style.  Never say never though I suppose.
Noodle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:51am
Funny like 10-20 years ago, guys walking around in army parkas etc. were rather looked down on, and now its all the rage...

Some items sure are wearable and quite a neat addition to ones wardrobe. Other stuff is just plain ridiculous.

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

B & T, in the spirit of this thread I have to point out that your pants are far too narrow. I don’t think you could get both feet through one pant leg, which is apparently mandatory for the look.
😉

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 1:48pm
I’m reminded of what an odd host the dong show had- was he wasted or high or both?
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:29pm
Chuck Barris. They made a movie about him not too long ago. Wasn't he a special agent or something?

Just read the wiki. Apparently the CIA Assassin stuff was just a fantasy that Barris made into a book.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Chuck Barris. They made a movie about him not too long ago. Wasn't he a special agent or something?

I read that he made the whole special agent thing up, wrote a book about being a special agent for the CIA.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 3:28pm

Workware HK m-51 Balloon pants, my favorite of their cuts.
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 3:12am
I have some rather wide-legged pants with pleats at the waist that I wear. They're French army pants from the 1950s and made of khaki drill cotton. They may not be quite as wide as some of those in the first few posts, though. They unfortunately have a button fly but are otherwise fine. They otherwise are about the same width as every army's issue pants in the 40s and 50s, as well as workwear. Well, actually, all pants during that period were made rather wide, especially after the war.

Anyone remember zoot suits?
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 10:01am
soundman.jp can be possibly be added to this list... (though not oversizing much...)

I am most interested in the unearthing of camouflage designs... I am most partial to flecktarn... but also very much like this repro of 1950s uk 'brushstroke' version from soundman...

and a 1940s original on offer from vintage showroom...

Noodle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:23am
Nigel Cabourn did a whole range of these. Trousers, Vest, Jacket, Tie.
One can go full commando.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic