Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly Heard Birdsong during Lockdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 1:54am
Take care, bob dale!

Hummingbird chirps (mostly Anas) are plainly audible in SF- they are usually drowned out by traffic except in very large parks or sheltered gardens.
Ravens are always audible, but have really been basking in the spotlight since things have quieted down. It’s a joy to watch their antics, but if they set up shop outside your window for too long you do find yourself standing near the window fondling an old boot thoughtfully.
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:12pm
frequent chirping at 2 am recently. any ideas?

during the day is usually sirens and had the deafening sound of the blue angels flying over yesterday... or was it the day before
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by LazyS LazyS wrote:

frequent chirping at 2 am recently. any ideas?

during the day is usually sirens and had the deafening sound of the blue angels flying over yesterday... or was it the day before

Mocking birds are going all night long around my place, I think this is seasonal, but I’m not sure?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 4:05pm
Reporting live, from the Main Street donut shop in Santa Ana
English house sparrow habitat- Intact.
Picture report coming soon.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 5:40am
I saw a peacock in my neighbour’s garden - he was taking selfies to show off his expensive threads on an Internet clothing forum!
Helixing my inner beanie
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

I saw a peacock in my neighbour’s garden - he was taking selfies to show off his expensive threads on an Internet clothing forum!

I’m kind of digging these new multi subject threads, my friends told me about the time they were out camping, they were so
High- they mistook the sounds of a peacock, for a baby crying. Years ago, my Aunt had 2 peacocks, they crap all over the place, and in large amounts, she had to get rid of them when one flew onto their new race car body and scratched the living crap out of it....Our local park has at least 10 of them- roaming around.

Neighbor taking selfie’s- ok
Neighbor on a denim forum.

I’m going with B.....final bullshit
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 2:02am
Whilst enjoying my early morning cuppa and gazing out of the kitchen window, I noticed a flash of black and blue in the garden and heard loud cawing. There was a large, sinister looking black bird - and here’s the strange part - wearing a pair of miniature jeans. I think it was a denimcro’.
Helixing my inner beanie
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

Whilst enjoying my early morning cuppa and gazing out of the kitchen window, I noticed a flash of black and blue in the garden and heard loud cawing. There was a large, sinister looking black bird - and here’s the strange part - wearing a pair of miniature jeans. I think it was a denimcro’.

Amazing, some unknown Japanese brand? Was he wearing vintage, that would be 21 years or older....and yes
If a reproduction pant is over 21 years- it’s considered vintage.
I don’t make this shit up, I just don’t have a problem following it.

A little off topic

When you debate, what’s considered vintage, you quickly learn
That 21 years is just a bullshit benchmark. Most likely this 21 year
Rule was cooked up by a dealer, a way to get more money for his product,
If you can tack the word vintage onto it. With that said, it simply works, and is the
Industry standard.

Edited by Sansome - 25 Oct 2020 at 10:25pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:11am
If there was such a thing as a softness scale- this would be the softest, you can see hummingbirds
collecting spider webs for their nests, I was trimming the bushes a few years ago and found this.
Im still working on what happened to the large colonies of English house sparrows, we have no shortage of crummy red tile roofs, thats what they use for  nesting. When west Nile virus, first came to California, it almost wiped out- our entire crow population, It took almost 10 years for the crow population to return...I captured a crow battle in our oak tree today, I put it up on IG

The nest

hbn1 by bottleswest, on Flickr

hbn by bottleswest, on Flickr

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:31pm
Amazing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic