denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VINTAGE LVC CATALOGS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 6:10am
That was an impressive marketing campaign around that seasons launch. Levis also had a “radio station” website that would stream music with Disk Jockey riffing in between sets.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 6:50am
Originally posted by robroy robroy wrote:

That was an impressive marketing campaign around that seasons launch. Levis also had a “radio station” website that would stream music with Disk Jockey riffing in between sets.

It was insane, so over the top back then, you couldn’t help but notice.... and think to yourself- this isn’t happening again.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Broark Broark wrote:

Have to say that's a pretty great magazine.
I don't know much about the 70's, but the advertising and everything seems to be dead on.
Really like the "I'm from planet Levi's, take me to your closet" bit.

Great job on the ads for sure, the party shots reminded me of the staged party shots I’ve seen in clutch magazine....If your at a Rising Sun party- many of times I’ve seen the Japanese photo shoots- the action and excitement of the party- doesn’t match the picture.

Edited by Sansome - 14 May 2020 at 8:12am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:13am
2008 heading back to camp from a 10 hour dig ,exhausted, going about 35 mph, no helmet, I looked back to see where my father-in-law was, I was so tired- when i looked back...I took my left hand off the motorcycle grip and at the same time while looking back, I turned the bars with my right hand to the left- the split second, when my face was hitting the front tire- then the ground...In a split second
I thought (I can't believe this is happening) It only takes a fraction of a second to go over the bars and slam your face into the ground going 35mph-

That was a shit day wearing a pair of Levi's

edit- I broke my nose for the first time. I have pics somewhere

lvc17 by bottleswest, on Flickr

more pages

lvc30 by bottleswest, on Flickr

lvc32 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:27am
That was an incredible advertising campaign, and the orange tab MIA line was a bit of genius- would’ve been interesting to see where that went if Levi’s upper management hadn’t become so typically bottom-line and vision lacking abruptly thereafter.
Does anyone remember- there was a thread here about a secret giveaway to denimbro members of a new model from a major producer- I think everyone had figured out it was LVC pretty quickly, right? They came to me with the idea, it was to be 50 pairs and the new 551zxx if I recall correctly. After I had announced it and started signing people up they suddenly changed their mind and, after multiple attempts to get an update, I was informed that upper management had “decided to go a different direction”. I was lucky to get 3-4 pairs to give away on the forum after some complaining.
I think that was the same time they started pulling support from LVC’s pr, reducing offerings, closed the LVC flagship store. A long steady decline to this point.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

That was an incredible advertising campaign, and the orange tab MIA line was a bit of genius- would’ve been interesting to see where that went if Levi’s upper management hadn’t become so typically bottom-line and vision lacking abruptly thereafter.
Does anyone remember- there was a thread here about a secret giveaway to denimbro members of a new model from a major producer- I think everyone had figured out it was LVC pretty quickly, right? They came to me with the idea, it was to be 50 pairs and the new 551zxx if I recall correctly. After I had announced it and started signing people up they suddenly changed their mind and, after multiple attempts to get an update, I was informed that upper management had “decided to go a different direction”. I was lucky to get 3-4 pairs to give away on the forum after some complaining.
I think that was the same time they started pulling support from LVC’s pr, reducing offerings, closed the LVC flagship store. A long steady decline to this point.

Maurizio spells it out in the 2011 interview he did, in- Inventory magazine- I’ll post it later- when the new CEO
Came on, he was giving LVC 2-3 years to make its way- to be profitable, 2014 was the beginning of LVC being
Dismantled....starting in 2016-2017? It was only 1 person, a year later they were given 1 assistant.
Now with company going public- It’s over Johnny

Edited by Sansome - 14 May 2020 at 7:18pm
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:51am
For me, LVC became terminal when they closed the Valencia St. factory, and it finally expired with the closure of Cone’s White Oak plant. I think the last LVC piece I purchased was the 1915 jeans when they were first released. I just couldn’t get over the lack in quality of details like the buttons and pocket bags. I’m honestly shocked it’s lasted this long.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:29pm
It really is sad, isn’t it? LVC could have been the worlds preeminent repro maker. All that history and early vision squandered in the quest for corporate profit.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:36pm
Maurizio interview 2010 Inventory (RIP)

mi by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi1 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi2 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi3 by bottleswest, on Flickr
mi4 by bottleswest, on Flickr

First and only time in Amsterdam- we took a bike ride over to the LVC offices (in a stadium)
Maurizio had just stepped
down from Levi...This was in the first of July 2012.

mi5 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi6 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi7 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi8 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi9 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi10 by bottleswest, on Flickr

mi11 by bottleswest, on Flickr

Edited by Sansome - 14 May 2020 at 10:10pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:14pm
I'm not really sure if this 2013 flame belt ever went into production? I had 3 at one time, found this one today in the shed, i believe I have one more if anyone is interested in one, I don't see needing more than 1- Here it is in the 2013 look book

lvcb3 by bottleswest, on Flickr

lvcb by bottleswest, on Flickr

lvcb1 by bottleswest, on Flickr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic