denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Catalogs-Catalogs What do you want to see?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:22am
I own that Northsea cothing expediton sweater and it´s top knotch, very dense an heavy, though not srcatchy.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Sympathy-4-The-Denim Sympathy-4-The-Denim wrote:

I own that Northsea cothing expediton sweater and it´s top knotch, very dense an heavy, though not srcatchy.

Have you ever noticed anyone else wearing one?

Edit- I’ll take that as a No

Edited by Sansome - 22 May 2020 at 9:45am
Sympathy-4-The-Denim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:56am
actually no, either on the internet nor on the streets. in berlin there are only very few people sharing love for heritage, workwear related clothes, though there a shops like burg&schild, dc4 etc.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:22am
My older brother has the same cardigan, and he's not even vaguely into workwear - North Sea Clothing has plenty of fans here, way outside the workwear dudes. 
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Sympathy-4-The-Denim Sympathy-4-The-Denim wrote:

actually no, either on the internet nor on the streets. in berlin there are only very few people sharing love for heritage, workwear related clothes, though there a shops like burg&schild, dc4 etc.

Doesn’t surprise me- you see it ever so often here, funny thing, the most random comments, bank tellers
People in the grocery store, I got ( I like your shirt from over 30 people)
It was the red and white Henley from LVC, a 1880’s reproduction from one of our mining trips.
In second place, the most compliments went to a reversible ghost-skater hoodie I used to wear years ago.

Killer b- I might be wrong, but that cardigan look seems very English to me?

Edited by Sansome - 22 May 2020 at 5:39pm
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:26pm
I guess we're a pretty cardiganed nation. It does get cold here. 
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:25am
This catalog is missing its cover, late teens? Probably 20's?

oc1 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc4 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc8 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc3 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc2 by bottleswest, on Flickr

More cardigans

oc10 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc9 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc7 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc6 by bottleswest, on Flickr

oc5 by bottleswest, on Flickr

Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 1:47am
Yep, definitely ‘20s!
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:31am
It's always hard to judge the prices from something a hundred years ago but average wages for ordinary hourly workers in the early 20s varied from $35 to $45 a week (48 hour weeks) for union employees. More for foremen and the like and probably a lot less for non-union workers and for those who received compensation in the form of housing and meals (loggers, for instance). But except, I guess, for union fees, there were no deductions at all. Wages also varied by region. They weren't much higher when I was born in 1946. Currently, I'd say that average hourly wages are on the low side, compared to prices.

I might note that many of those boot styles were still available in 1970.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic