Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sleeping under the Stars.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:18am
They're very popular around my neck of the woods, some folks even have an 'open' front garden where you're welcome to help yourself (leave what you consider appropriate) to gooseberries, raspberries, apples, plums, pears ect straight from the bush/tree. One dude has individually priced handmade rams horn walking sticks leant up against his garden wall, choose which one you like and shove your dosh in a slot in the top of an old milk churn.

I love it when you've been camping for a few days or more without a wash and you get in the shower and watch the brown water running down the drain...you get out with a completely different skin tone to which you went in with.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:21am

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 28 Oct 2019 at 1:42am
I'll endorse anything for cash
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:57pm
nice one Double O

I slept under the stars too , did a cycle tour in the south of Holland . Found a nice spot on a small nature camp site

dislectic
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

If you look below the mannequin legs^ you can see our Chaz dressed in his Mister Freedom Naval-Camo onesie and White's Smoke Jumpers..

That's not me Neal, as l'm a 1970's MIA Palitoy action man, and l only wear my tank commanders jacket with my 501's (ok, sometimes l cosplay the french resistance fighter outfit, complete with jumper and beret).
That imposter is a modern, MIC action man. Maybe one of Gonboogaloo's offspring? Definitely no eagle-eyes, face scar or realistic fuzzy hair!

(Loving the crested newts btw)

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:47am
or gripping hands...
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 11:13am
Helinox, often copied never rivaled

This is the One XL, as i get older im concerned less with gram saving and more concerned with being comfortable but i still like packable

The push-fit ball feet are an optional extra which stop the chair sinking into soft grass, sand ect

The frame is connected by shockcord so it almost erects itself in seconds

...and the canvas just attaches over the top

Next level camping comfort... bet you've missed me around here ant you?

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:29pm
Thermarest Trekker Chair

Since I usually carry a therm-a-rest mat for my sleeping bag, then this I find to be ideal
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:40am
I do prefer a chair to be 'dining chair' height or as near as damn it, even the Helinox One is far too low to be proper comfy.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:38pm
Usually living heights changes with the great outdoors, my stove isn’t much off the ground and neither is my bed.

The biggest problem I have is old age - so maybe traditional seating height will have to be my next step
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic