denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watergate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Watergate
    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:01pm
Correct me if I’m wrong- years ago, weaponsgate was our first clash?
In 2017 contestjeangate was when I was under fire 🔥👈🏽
We’re in the midst of deletegate

There were others
That I don’t know about or haven’t seen

Does anyone know what thread weaponsgate was under?

Edited by mr randal - 05 Nov 2019 at 5:18pm
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:35pm
I think I missed weaponsgate. Can you give me a brief synopsis please?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

I think I missed weaponsgate. Can you give me a brief synopsis please?

I think it might have been 2012 or 13
After one of many mass shootings
A member suggested that Obama grow a set of balls and ban all guns
We had some avid hunters back in those days- well you probably know what kind of hot button that is in the US
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:48pm
I see that the contest Jean thread is gone- maybe we can restore that one?
I never really knew when it went south- contestjeangate that is.
At the time- when I said ( I got a pair and the rest of you can eat monkey balls)
I never really thought- that was all that incentive.

Then a year later someone told me they installed a 00 app on my comments 😜
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 5:06pm
Ah, I see. Must have either missed or forgotten that particular kerfuffle.

Contestjeansgate on the other hand, I remember well. That was the tipping point when things started going south...
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Ah, I see. Must have either missed or forgotten that particular kerfuffle.

Contestjeansgate on the other hand, I remember well. That was the tipping point when things started going south...

I remember it like it was yesterday

Dude was calling for the chair

And another member had a book sale a week later- he had to lighten his load when he was selling both our books ( I could tell- he wasn’t upset at all- with my mismanagement)

In all seriousness- I should really know my limitations
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 7:18pm
That reminds me (actually CSL reminded me)-

I don't believe the full story of contestgate ever came out, as related to me.

I was never directly involved with the contest jeans being made by Leroy. I knew the players of course and had suggested the possibility to Leroy based on the thread interest in him as a maker- but he told me that he wouldn't be able to make any jeans at all along the lines that we were discussing in the contest thread. Not only that but that he wouldn't be able to make one for Denimbruin, which was coming up at that time. He also swore the few people who knew he actually was making some to secrecy, and especially forbade them to tell me.
 Someone did eventually take pity on me and spill the beans, as I was struggling to plan that portion of Denimbruin as I didn't know what would be presented and couldn't properly plan space or announcements.
 I'd said publicly a few times that I was out of the planning for that contest, but somehow after the jeans and the number of them made were revealed I recall taking most of the blame from quite a few people  for their not getting a pair, including a lot of public complaining and several nasty personal dms.
 I also somehow ended up trying to smooth the whole thing over and eventually donated the pair of jeans I was given (a complete surprise to me) to a tour thread to try and ease tensions.
 Its my pair that are still floating around out there on that extended tour. I was okay, if a bit sad, about giving them up to make people feel better about the situation. Surprisingly though I still caught a lot of flack from some about the whole situation.
 The secrecy and some unpleasantness in the follow up soured my relationship with the maker and the blame i took here was the last straw for me in really active denimbro forum involvement.

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 8:56pm
If you want to burn the house down- get me involved in a management position.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

That reminds me (actually CSL reminded me)-

I don't believe the full story of contestgate ever came out, as related to me.

I was never directly involved with the contest jeans being made by Leroy. I knew the players of course and had suggested the possibility to Leroy based on the thread interest in him as a maker- but he told me that he wouldn't be able to make any jeans at all along the lines that we were discussing in the contest thread. Not only that but that he wouldn't be able to make one for Denimbruin, which was coming up at that time. He also swore the few people who knew he actually was making some to secrecy, and especially forbade them to tell me.
 Someone did eventually take pity on me and spill the beans, as I was struggling to plan that portion of Denimbruin as I didn't know what would be presented and couldn't properly plan space or announcements.
 I'd said publicly a few times that I was out of the planning for that contest, but somehow after the jeans and the number of them made were revealed I recall taking most of the blame from quite a few people  for their not getting a pair, including a lot of public complaining and several nasty personal dms.
 I also somehow ended up trying to smooth the whole thing over and eventually donated the pair of jeans I was given (a complete surprise to me) to a tour thread to try and ease tensions.
 Its my pair that are still floating around out there on that extended tour. I was okay, if a bit sad, about giving them up to make people feel better about the situation. Surprisingly though I still caught a lot of flack from some about the whole situation.
 The secrecy and some unpleasantness in the follow up soured my relationship with the maker and the blame i took here was the last straw for me in really active denimbro forum involvement.

Yeah I definitely was one of the people upset by this at the time. I won't deny that. However, I do know that a lot of other people expressed their anger with my privately through IG. I was just one that actually expressed my unhappiness directly on the forum. I am really sorry if anything that I said pushed you away, Mr. R and I am going to assume it probably did.

I certainly have no ill will over it now and I did not know that it was your pair of jeans that we used for the contest (which I was a part of.) Thank you for doing that as it was fun to participate in that and did ease my feelings about that whole situation. It probably won't, but I hope Denimbruin makes a comeback someday. It was a great experience even if it was the beginning of a downturn for this forum.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:51pm
It’s all part of the drama and excitement- you forget- forums can clock you on the head out of nowhere
Dust yourself off and get going
It would seem that the dust has settled
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic