Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Wellbeing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Flash Flash wrote:

I remember ( I think ) he was pissed he didnt win some contest on superfuture

What? so he bailed on the forums just because he didn't win a denim contest? that sounds like very extreme behaviour.
I'll endorse anything for cash
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:28am
A denim contest that had nothing at all to do with this forum!
Helixing my inner beanie
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:29am
I think it was just the last straw, he was fed up and decided to take a break.
To be fair everyone thought he should've won, and there was no real explanation offered as to why he didn't.
Would like to see him back around these parts.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:33am
I had the same shit with the 'lucky dip' at my kids school fair, they can fuck off if they think i'm going next year...
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 4:34pm
i think setterman, like many, just got busy other places. 

He's pretty active on instagram, and still wears denim.  I can't speak for him obviously, but I think many factors (new interests, work, etc) took precedent over posting on a forum.  

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:50pm
Post editing and deletion functions should be back on line Sunday.

thanks for your patience!
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:14am
Wow, what a difference a week makes in Denimbro- land.

Is it too late to hand in my questionnaire? Well here it is anyway.

Do you think DB is still relevant and can continue to be so?

Judging by the surge in activity this last week, and some well written words from mods and members alike, yes. In the long term, who knows? Having some new moderators here will certainly help (good choices btw).

- what personal gain do you receive from interacting on the forum?

A sense of belonging. On the internet at least. I don't have many real friends (yes l know, there's a violin in the corner) so interaction is key. I have made some good friends here, some I've actually met, some l feel as if I've met (or know a fair bit about) and some I'd love to meet but they're too far away.
I've learned lots about clothing, old and new (repro) and found a few good pieces along the way. I've shared info about my passions and gained quality feedback in return. Although sometimes l can be a little sensitive

- does the marketplace serve as a useful resource for you?

Absolutely. I've bought and sold on it many times through known members.

- do you feel the site balance between information and personality content is acceptable?

Most of the time yes, but not always. Some people get a bit excited but what can you do? It's a delicate mix that keeps things flowing. The additional moderators will help keep things a little more on topic when needed and not let personality become too dominant or opinions become too polarized (l know that sounds crazy in our elitist niche world) - and l am as guilty as the next man/woman for that!

- do you have any concerns about bullying? Do you feel dismissed or condescended to by any particular members with problematic frequency? No names or specifics need be mentioned.

I have at times felt a little intimidated by individuals but not bullied. I've definitely felt a little worthless/pointless at times, usually on the levis thread. Maybe I'm a little over-sensitive or easily offended, who knows, but the stuff that started in the CSF thread particularly really put me off the whole place. It just seemed the final nail in the coffin for db. It wasn't anyone's fault in particular but as a collective group, but it wasn't a great advert for the place. Luckily things are looking up!

- are you an even-tempered, thoughtful person who would be willing to act as a moderator?

No way! Oh wait a minute, actually..Yes!!

It seems I'm still a moderator, with all my old 'power's!
Excellent (insert Mr burns gif)

I'll just be a lurker-moderator from now on though as life is busier and time is rarer. Clothing wise, I've been priced out of the market it seems. Combined with the fact I've got enough clobber to get me through two lives, clearly limits my ability to consume more stuff and having time to enjoy it. We'll see. Maybe I'll get sorted with that lmgur thing I'm always hearing about and post some pics of stuff? (Thanks Nick)

A more general and less site specific question-

- do denim specific clothing fora still have an audience in the post peak heritage era?

Only time will tell but there's enough die-hards here to make sure this will continue. It's a continued niche experience imo.

Doc.

Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 12:51pm
Whoa, Read all that in one go, what a thriller!
Very glad you decided to keep it running. I love you all!
Too much Denim - too little time...
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:26am
All those great threads deleted ... and we’re left with this shit instead

This and 5 or so subsequent posts moved from 2 truths thread

Edited by mr randal - 20 Nov 2019 at 9:50am
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

All those great threads deleted ... and we’re left with this shit instead

I'm not sure you've fully understood the concept Martin, its "Two truths and a lie"

Not 'The truth'

Jeez!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
  Share Topic