denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Real McCoy's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 192>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:40am
I have the Real McCoy's B-10. Its one of the best jackets out there. Treat yourself!
John B
indigoeagle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:09am

Which size do you have if I may ask?

They seem to fit pretty large. 

You look quite tall. How do you find the length of the B-10? 

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:21am
I was wondering about sizing myself. For the B-10 and also their sweatshirts. I'm 6', 170lbs, 40" chest & 32" waist.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:31am

For BR B-10 in 42 the back length (from below the collar till the end of the hem) is 25.8 inches.

The knits are made from wool but still I don't find them warm enough. So with the knit on the waist being about 1.5 inches wide there's quite the area on my lower back that is not covered and leaving me cold quickly.

setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:32am
According to BiG's measurements you'd want a size 40 in the B-10 (you want at least 4" over measurement).  With your height, I'd be more concerned about sleeve length than anything.  Size 40 in 1944 was meant to be worn by a guy a few inches shorter than you.  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:39am

Yes, that's my experience, too.

For comparison, the sleeve lenght on my BR B-10 is 25.6. Long enough for my long arms but should be shorter. Also the shoulders are quite generous with 19.7 inches, so it's ok.

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:08am
A 40 is what I was thinking too, after looking at the BIG site.

Tangentially, I cringe every time I see the tag line "a men's lifestyle store". Is there any sentence that is more capable of making you feel like a hipster? Or more like its the Twenty-naughts?
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:14am
Also thinking I'd be a L in the sweatshirts? They all seem snug according to the BIG measurements, I suppose they're meant to be worn tightly-fitted, at least at first?
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:50am
the standard sweats look normal sized.  Medium measures 42", Large is 44.5".  Not sure who they intended the new, exclusive for BiG sweats.  An XL that doesn't even measure 42"..... are you kidding me?  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 10:01am
You need to size up on the new RMC military sweats i take a size med in JMC B/Park for a perfect snug fit but a Lg in the military it fits a 38" chest. Its not exclusive to BIG either superdenim in the UK stocks them. There is also 3-5% shrinkage on both the B/Park and Military.
I am 5"11 160lbs 32" waist 38" chest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 192>
  Share Topic