Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Real McCoy's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 192>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Real McCoy's
    Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 12:00pm

I was really taken with The Real McCoy's after seeing a lot of their product in the flesh recently at Inspiration. Especially this B-10 jacket, which a friend bought during the crazy wholesale-price sale frenzy at the RMC booth on Sunday afternoon. I got to see him wearing this jacket the next day in the sun, and it really was an extraordinary sight. The cotton shell is a striking, difficult to describe shade when the sun hits it, very beautiful. The fit also seemed better than on any other b-10 I've seen.
 Any denimbros have experience with/ love for The Real McCoy's?

Edited by mr randal - 21 Aug 2016 at 8:06pm
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 12:42pm
I do,

setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 12:44pm
No experience with McCoy's, but if you're wanting a B-10, that's probably the best one on the market.  Don't know if you have experience with either jacket, but personally I found the B-15 to be a much easier wearing design than the B-10.  Not sure if McCoy's currently makes a B-15 or B-15A.  If they do, I'm sure it's fantastic.    
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
devilish View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote devilish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:02pm
It's a shame those show prices are nowhere near what the everyday prices are though. The sizing isn't a problem for a whippet like you mr r. but for us larger fellas it's a bummer that some of their best items aren't big enough. Can't argue with the quality though. I have a couple of the yearly catalogs that I drool over on a regular basis.
indigoeagle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:26pm

According to the NYT article on the Japanese integrating foreign things like coffee, denim, etc. and in the process improving and nipponizing them, TRMC's modus operandi is to take an original item and then shape it to their ideals. As opposed to for instance Buzz Rickson who I think are more or less 1:1 reproducers.

So I had that the Melton Wool Pea Coat by BR is a bit on the boxy site, while the RMC one is more fitted.

I haven't handled a RMC B-10 yet unfortunately but I've heard that they're a bit longer than the BR ones. That makes them very attractive to me.

I already like the BR ones very much, especially the Superior Togs, that I still have, but it's one or two inches two short for me in the back.

colgems1966 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:33pm
i had a RMC japan B-10 about a dozen years back. it was a Stagg Coat co. repro the same one reviewed on Acme Depot's website. i bought it from Richard when he was with McCoy's it was a nice jacket but didn't fit my needs and i needed the space so i sold it on ebay.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 2:11pm
If you're ever in Tokyo. TRMC is a must see.

Their deerskin vest is on my wish list.

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=2553&pg=
gnob View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 4:46pm
^I agree. It's a pleasure to visit both osaka and tokyo stores. Love it.

Trmc makes terrific repros too.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by setterman setterman wrote:

No experience with McCoy's, but if you're wanting a B-10, that's probably the best one on the market.  Don't know if you have experience with either jacket, but personally I found the B-15 to be a much easier wearing design than the B-10.  Not sure if McCoy's currently makes a B-15 or B-15A.  If they do, I'm sure it's fantastic.    

How so, on the b-10 vs. B-15- fit? The handwarmer pockets of the B-15 does seem more attractive...
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 7:00pm
The B-15 is broader in the shoulders, has more natural curved arms, and has a more rounded shape to it vs the B-10 which is very square and straight.. The B-15 is less restrictive in spots, flows better with the human shape, and is a product of the AAF's experience with B-10. Things like the wider collar, hand warmer pockets, and two large inside pockets are all improvements over the B-10 too.
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 192>
  Share Topic