denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Real McCoy's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 192>
Author
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:03am
Has anyone tried contacting RMC with these issues? Perhaps they'd do something for you guys. I have a pair of RMC jeans but haven't worn them enough to do any damage yet.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:42am
I haven't CSL. I suppose the 'done thing' would be to go through ones retailer, in my case that would be BiG Ouch
I remember one of our members Dasein bought a RMC wool jacket and within a few weeks it developed a large hole so he returned it to Superdenim who in turn sent it back to McCoys for inspection. RMC claimed that it was impossible that this could be their fault and returned it to Superdenim who said it wasn't their problem either and returned it to Dasein saying they thought the holes were caused by moths and therefor his own fault, even though none of his other clothes in his wardrobe showed any sign of moth damage Ouch Ouch
If they shirk any responsibility in regards to a brand new garment i wouldn't hold out much hope for my well worn jeans.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:00am
Golly! Perhaps Moth-man was hiding in Dasein's closet.

But seriously...very shabby behavior from RMC
Slimstraight View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Slimstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I haven't CSL. I suppose the 'done thing' would be to go through ones retailer, in my case that would be BiG Ouch 

I forgot BiG used to sell RMC. Remember they opened up that entire standalone RMC shop next to BiG and gave it it's own website. It was really nice. Then they closed it for no apparent reason within a year.

I had an M65 that within a few weeks the zipper broke. Fortunately the retailer was great about it and took it back. My replacement M65 has held up great since. 
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:55pm
Speaking of which
Originally posted by Broark Broark wrote:

I have been thinking about getting the RMC M65, I've been considering one for quite some time really.
I'm glad to hear your jacket has held up well, I know I've seen photos of it before so I'll have to go back through the RMC thread and find them.

Here you go Broark, not a broken stitch in sight Big smile

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Slimstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:14pm
Looks great OO. How many washes you recon it's been through?

A while ago there used to be a guy around here name Mr. R. I believe he bought one off one of the S&S guys that looked beat to hell and looked amazing.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:19pm
Thank you
Only 2 washes, one to remove the grime and another run through the machine to give it a Nikwax treatment, i think i bought it around 2011 but i really cant remember.

Keep up slim Wink
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I'll see what i can do Broark, mr randal also has a nice example which he bought from one of the lads at Standard & Strange, it looks a little bit more washed than mine.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:06pm
I'm trying man! It's just too damn warm in Ca. Although can't complain as much as Mr Broark...
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:35pm
Thank you for the photos Double 0, lovely jacket indeed!
I’d love to see the photos of Mr. R’s jacket at some point as well.
Today would’ve been a good day for an M65 actually, high was about 43 F.
Currently I’m deciding between the M65 1st edition (only real difference is the shade of green in the fabric and no epaulets) and the regular M65. I think I prefer the first edition due to the lack of epaulets, but I’ve found the regular M65 that someone is selling and I might jump on that one for a good price.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:17pm
Check out the M43 as well. I've always liked that one. The collar makes it quite versatile i think as well. Can't tell from the pics if the color is similar or darker.

In related news, i've never understood why they don't sell the removable liner for the M-65. I have that in my cheapo MIC M-65 from the Army Navy store and it's really great addition for when it gets colder. I think Buzz offers it. Wish RMC would, they even have the buttons for it inside already.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 192>
  Share Topic