denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1950s Levi’s 701s?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote korina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1950s Levi’s 701s?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:41am
Hello! I recently purchased a large lot of vintage denim from an old supplier that had it stored away since ‘05. In it was the usual dozen or so Storm Riders, some Blue Bells, some early 80s redlines, and a couple 60s big e 501s. I’ve got a good grasp on all of that, but the one pair that I have absolutely no clue what to sell for is these. They’re women’s, have a double blue line selvedge (looks gray in photos...appears more blue in person), hidden rivets, Conmar zipper, big e red tab, and nothing that I can see stamped on the button. No inner tags/writing. About half the topstitching is orange and the other half is bright yellow. The stitching of the back pocket arcuates is about half fallen off. Otherwise they have general wear but are in great and wearable shape. It’s such a shame that they’re cut off. We don’t currently own any REAL 701s (just 80s student fit haha) to compare them to, but I have in the past and this is what they seem most similar to—please correct me if I’m wrong!! I don’t know what they sold for since it was back in the 1990s. I tried doing an online search but all that comes up is student fit 501 and LVC.

The waist measures 27”. Sorry about the photos—they’re too big for me so I’m holding them tight at the waistband. If they’re not worth much I may just slap a couple darts on them and keep for myself. Also I’m 5’7” for length reference.

Thank you!! :)
korina View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 8:04pm
Is there somewhere/someone else that might be good to ask? My internet research is still coming up with nothing. :(
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 12:06am
If you type - Hidden rivet levis into a search on ebay, there's several pairs of 701's but in particular a pair of 701 shorts (25" waist). They are asking £102.00 but have yet to be sold.
So there's a guide of sorts.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:42am
Or a guide of shorts.
Helixing my inner beanie
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:07am
😂😂😂
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic