denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:07am
Dear Dickensian 0 Soul, you are fettered by the chain you forged. Made link by link, and yard by yard; girded by your own free will, and wore such.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:59am
The repro-paradox which always makes me smile is...
as denim heads we will quibble about the most insignificant of minor details, we are overly concerned with the gage of rayon used for the tab and it's curling potential, the perfect shade of yellow or copper thread, puckering, roping, the intersection point of the yoke and even the period correct sewing machines used in their construction, we want our jeans to have the exact look and feel of a pair of period Levi's, yet we're fine with a cell phone fade.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:10am
I don’t care about any of that b0ll0x, I just want nice jeans.
Helixing my inner beanie
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:13am
Speaking of curling tabs .....

HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 5:23am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Your jeans should mirror your lifestyle 'unwashed and in disrepair' is a perfect description of mine Cool

Not my life Daniel, I hate phone fadez simply because i hate cell phones, i don't need/rely on one so i don't own one... we all just seem too intent on giving away our lives to technology, even my emails now prompt me with what google believes my response should be..
...all this technology would be wonderful if it freed up time we didn't previously have to engage with the people we love but i walked down a street of small restaurants on Saturday evening and all of the couples were ignoring one another because they were engaged with their phones. WTF!
Don't get me wrong, i think the internet is a wondrous thing (i use it daily) but its at home/work not in my pocket steeling my leisure time away from me.

If only he'd possessed a small measure of 00's foresight regarding the dangers of too much tech...  (Mine's a 10-year-old flip phone and has never entered my back pocket because it's too busy gathering dust somewhere in a drawer.  If you want to reach me when I'm not at home or the office, good luck.)

HP Sauce
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 5:49am
I think 00 is more like this when it comes to mobile phones:

Helixing my inner beanie
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 5:56am
LOL 
HP Sauce
Daniel View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:13am
Double 0, if you really don’t have a cell phone, I commend you. Do you have a domestic partner/what do they think of that?

I’m glad to read responses that are accepting of the cell phone fade... but I think I do ultimately lie in the camp that wishes we didn’t all carry the devices as much as we do, but that’s not going to prevent me from carrying one (yet) and won’t stop me from putting the phone in my pocket.
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:17am
Back pocket or shirt/jacket pocket. Hate phone fades but it’s not as noticeable in the back pocket.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:45pm
^^
I have a basic £10 phone (made by ZTE) which i leave in the car, no internet, no touchscreen, battery lasts for 2 weeks+ i probably send and receive 5 or so txt/week.
My Mrs doesn't facebook, instagram, twitter ect but she is a level 40 Pokemon nerd so relies on a gps phone and numerous battery back'ups.
Ive never asked but i don't think she gives a crap one way or t'other, we both remember a time when nobody had a phone and the world kept turning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 308>
  Share Topic