denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by BlueTrain BlueTrain wrote:

I think the buttons are more likely to be for attaching the blue collar worn with the jumper. That was and still is the practice in some navies but detachable collars were not worn in the U.S. Navy square rig.

Thanks for the insight. The person at Feuchter I was corresponding with didn’t have any information for me, said the records on the garment were lost...which I’m not so sure I believe. I also requested to see one of their English catalogues and the guy said they only sell business to business... weird.

Do you know of a place that sells those naval collars, or what one might look like, or have a photo of one? Thanks! It has to be just a neck warmer or turtle neck looking thing, right?
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:34pm
I think it is very likely that Feuchter is B2B only and that communication with end consumers is not their strong suit...in addition, the current company is probably only took over parts of the old formation.
sharing info and specs of more recent military jobs might also be a no go for some companies.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

Originally posted by Boyo Boyo wrote:

@johnb.. the following company is recommended on the Good Wear Leather website.. 

I cant say I've used them but it would appear that they have John C's stamp of approval

Just saw this. Thank you very much Boyo.

So far so good with these guys. Sent my A-2 jacket last week. Requesting knit change & new zipper. They source knits from same Co as Goodwear. Fast turn around & fair prices. I’ll post pics of my jacket upon its return. Thanks again Boyd.
John B
Daniel View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Foxy Foxy wrote:

I think it is very likely that Feuchter is B2B only and that communication with end consumers is not their strong suit...in addition, the current company is probably only took over parts of the old formation.
sharing info and specs of more recent military jobs might also be a no go for some companies.

Yeah, they are b2b as I said, and you’re definitely right about direct communication with consumers not being their strong suit. I did find out that the piece was manufactured in ‘79... and that’s not exactly recent. I guess that if the shirt was made for a business or a military branch then they wouldn’t want to talk about it...
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 1:08am
At what age do items become ‘vintage’?

I ask this knowing how much ammunition I have presented Maynard et al
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 1:19am
I was always under the impression that 25yrs+ was generally considered 'vintage'

Maynard is more of an antique, he looks well after a good polish
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 2:59am
I think it may be 20 years minimum to be considered 20. I wonder if the ‘vint’ comes from the French ‘vingt’ for 20?

Also depends on the item in question. 20 years would be considered old for an apple but not a painting.
Helixing my inner beanie
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 3:41am
Isn’t it a bit scary that 1998 is vintage?
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 3:58am
Seems like only yesterday
Helixing my inner beanie
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 4:37am
I know

I’ve got clothes I bought new which are now apparently vintage, I’ve got vintage bootleggers jackets which by the same measure must be antique and I’ve probably got food in my freezer that’s even older ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 308>
  Share Topic