denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 308>
Author

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:01pm
My only concern would be if the body tapers at all down to the waist.  I have seen some longer denim jackets that have a bit of a taper so I would imagine bringing up the waistband on that type of jacket could be a bit more of a headache.  If the body is straight down then I would think it wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm no tailor. 
Boyo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Boyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

Anyone have any experience with shortening a modern silhouette type 2 denim jacket.   It looks like a fairly simple job but I'm not a skilled tailor ... has anyone had this done. I'm thinking of dropping it into the folks at Selfedge.

Rain at Indigo Proof seems like she's up for any challenge..she's posted some interesting repairs on her IG.. And I've used her for a few alterations. She was able to relocate the leg pockets on my MF chino riders after hemming and even sourced an original set of rivets making them good as new.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:30pm
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input and thoughts.
John B
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:50am
What is the purpose of having the rivets on a separate piece of denim on the fly of most jeans?

This:

As opposed to this where fly rivets are directly on the main pattern:

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:18am
I think you mean fly buttons Mr Q and my guess would be to separate/reinforce an area of denim that is under a lot of stress and could potentially rip. If that were to occur, the tear would be limited to the fly panel and not spread across the rest of the front panel.
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:24am
I think maynard's on the money, Levi's were anticipating future CSF sizing errors.
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:20am
also to consider:
- more efficient fabric marker layout
- easier and more efficient cuttting

grown-on fly front facing is more common in traditional, formal men's wear when fabric usuage and cutting effiency is secondary.
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:25am
not to mention:
if one is to fuck up while placing the buttons or setting the buttonholes the entire front leg panel needs replacing - kind of expensive...
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 11:25am
Thanks all! I think Foxy's answers make sense
spork141 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spork141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 4:35am
I have a pair of jeans that fit me great all around. My only "issue" is the rise is lower than I like and while it looks fine, it "feels" wrong. I just don't like my waist so exposed even though its covered by my shirt.
As a result, they sit there somewhat unworn and its a shame because I have made great progress on them so far.

Anyone else ever have this issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 308>
  Share Topic