denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 281282283284285 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eastwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:18pm
Bit of a jaunt but if you’ve not been there I highly recommend the West coast of Wales. Just above Cardigan right up to Snowdonia avoiding a couple of hankie and chips “resort” towns there are some stunning and quiet beaches even in school hol time. It’s a long coast but if you planted yourself somewhere in the middle you’d have a lot of choice and plenty to explore. Worth a thought.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by eastwest eastwest wrote:

Bit of a jaunt 

Not at all, I'll have a gander.. Ive just been looking at Pembrokeshire
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:35pm
A bit flat and less rugged than other suggestions but the coast of Norfolk is lovely too and fairly unspoilt in the north of the county.

I’m trying to avoid an east coast / west coast beef though!
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:01pm
A couple of years ago a friend mine was working in Pembrokeshire, he was doing the rope access for a TV program with Davina McCall, some girl was going to climb some rocks to cure her night terrors 'you heard me' anyway he said she's a right fucking bitch, she had a chauffeur driven Bently to get her on set in the morning and she kept throwing diva fits because the producers couldn't find a hotel within a short drive that was up to her exacting standards, she refused to spend another night in the first luxury retreat... he slept in a hanging bivy.
eastwest View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:35pm
No beef Maynard! ....lamb!

My wife has previously told me that Davina has had lots of issues (trash mags) and counselling. Done the trick then.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:43pm
One of Mrs Fried-San’s best friends was at school with the aforementioned and has expressed similar opinions about her lack of an agreeable personality.
Helixing my inner beanie
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I think you're right, i'm just looking into it now, the weather doesn't bother me in the slightist.. however my Mrs considers anything below 30°C perishing

A nice secluded shack anywhere warm in Europe, low budget hire car and we're happy, i can go wandering, my mrs can read and the boy can do whatever he pleases.
If it was just the great outdoors ive got the Peaks on my doorstep but the appeal of a secluded beach is whats drawing me in.. most of the coastline around the UK (some of which extremely beautiful) come the school holidays aint gunna to be for us.

Sounds more like the south of France - the hinterlands around Aix-en-Provence -  or Liguria & Cinque Terre in Italy to me...
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 4:30am
Here you go.

Secluded beach, which is rarely busy due to restricted access, pub overlooking the sea, great countryside walks and still in Yorkshire!

Nowt to dislike, tha naws.....

www.wabashtees.com
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:57am
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.. we'll be staying at 'Casa de Foxy' it looks stunning!
I'm really looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Camusdarach beach up between Arisaig/Mallaig 

We'll spend a day here^ for sure

I knew that being part of a denim forum would pay off one day...
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 2:24am
You heading to Eigg?

It's stunning.  I've only been the once, about 12 years ago.
We headed up for the 'independence' party.   That thing went off like a rocket!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 281282283284285 308>
  Share Topic