denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:49am
Anyone know the history of the blanket lined / sherpa type 2 or 3 cowboy jacket? Was it something that the Cowboy took it upon himself to do initially or was it driven by the manufacturers like Lee & Wrangler in response to demand. I’m taking it upon myself to line one of my MF jackets because despite the multitude of sherpa jackets out there I can’t find one that hits the spot. It shouldn’t be an overally complicated operation & ive sourced some very nice old school shearling. . Any advice / thoughts.
John B
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:18pm
no advice, thoughts, should be a cool project, do it. That's how you make a cool jacket
dislectic
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:34pm
I would imagine the tailoring would have to be absolutely spot on with a bulky lining like that. 
indigo_eagle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigo_eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:27am
Cool idea.
I've always found it a pity, that basically all boa linings are polyester and no shearling.
You might need to size up for that, though.

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:57am
John, I don’t think this was something driven by an individual’s decision - I’d hazard the guess this would be industry looking to capitalise on a market sector. Lining chore coats with blanket was already quite common (being pre-WW2, rather than post war for Type 2 and 3s) so I think the big manufacturers would have developed it on from that. Also, being post war I think shearling flying jackets would be fresh in the mind too. Synthetic fleece didn’t arrive until about 40 years ago so that’s not the influence but just a modern implementation.

I would be careful as others have mentioned about the tailoring and sizing - adding a lining may not be overly complicated but might have a big impact on the fit, although I’m sure you’ll have thought of that.

Really looking forward to see what you achieve though - your other projects have been excellent
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 2:29am
We need to co-exist on a more equal footing with fury animals so rather than using synthetic shearling, beaver, fox ect for collars, ruffs, and linings i propose we make miniature outfits, with matching hats, gloves and booties then we can do a voluntary exchange program with our heads held high knowing we're helping out mother nature (for a change) in the style department..

Yers ago there was a Hudson's Hill blanket jacket going super-cheap in the sales thread, i wondered then how easy it would be to re-tailor it for a linning, so i too am looking fwd to the results.
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 5:46am
I bought an LVC lined Type 2 on a trip to Aero Leathers around 10 years ago.

After washing, the denim shrank at a hugely different rate to the lining.

Consequently, the lining was almost hanging out of the jacket - an uncomfortable garment to wear.

I guess you would be OK to add a lining to an already shrunk jacket, but I would soak/wash the lining just to be sure.

I look forward to seeing your results
www.wabashtees.com
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:46am
Great insights & advice. I’ll be sure to bear it all in mind before embarking on next step. Thank you everyone.
John B
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 2:09pm
UK Denimbro's.. i'm weighing up a 1 or maybe 2week summer family holiday in the UK (not something ive really done before) we can't fly this year through one reason or t'other.
I'm looking for suggestions for somewhere off the beaten track but not wildly remote, a beach, preferebly deserted, woodlands, hiking, a couple of pubs/resturants and limited tourism, i'm not looking for luxury, a shack will be fine but def not a caravan. If you imagine Center Parcs...i'm looking for the opposite of that.

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 27 Feb 2019 at 2:23pm
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 2:30pm
I stayed in a lovely little campsite near Pendine, south Wales last year. I was only there for one night with a mate, but From what I could see there were lots of little secluded coves, accessible by a short hike, lots of countryside and probably a pub or 2. Pendine itself has a v long flat sandy beach (they hold speed trials there) and is quite lively but the surrounding areas seemed pretty quiet. This was mid-June so I can’t comment on how busy it gets during school holidays.

Worth investigating p’raps.

We’re going to Loch Lomond this year.

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 308>
  Share Topic